2010 6.2L horrible engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mattncsu

Reaction score
Still haven’t got my truck back…

They finished the install last Monday and started it, but unfortunately the new engine has a “really bad knock”. So they are waiting to hear from Ford if they can diagnose and fix the current engine or order another one. That’s the last I heard from them on Monday.

I need to catch a break…

OP
OP
M

mattncsu

Reaction score
So the knock is in the bottom half of the new engine. So another new engine has to be ordered. They’ve prioritized my engine replacement, if that means anything in this climate, and it could take up to 12 weeks to arrive.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man that is terrible news.
I cant imagine a brand new engine has a knock first time its fired up, something doesnt add up. Either it wasnt actually brand new from Ford, or someone screwed up on the install.

Curious to see what they do now. Id probably be taking my old engine to a reputable engine builder and go through your 80k motor.
@Cody Dawson ... arent you close to NC?

OP
OP
M

mattncsu

Reaction score
Man that is terrible news.
I cant imagine a brand new engine has a knock first time its fired up, something doesnt add up. Either it wasnt actually brand new from Ford, or someone screwed up on the install.

Curious to see what they do now. Id probably be taking my old engine to a reputable engine builder and go through your 80k motor.
@Cody Dawson ... arent you close to NC?
Yeah I am truly at a loss here. I do hope this wasn’t a F up on the part of the tech who’s doing this (forgot to tighten header bot, etc.) else I might be getting another jacked up engine from Ford. But my service advisor was confident the flaw was inside the engine based on what he heard.