GEN 1 2010 6.2 ps pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DossYNooX

Reaction score
so my PS Pump is beginning to whine. I have a 2010 w/6.2L. I've ran the vin with oemfordparts and got the part number. Called ford and no one has this part, nor does any part stores, or online part stores. The part number is: AL3Z-3A674-BRM. Ford said that it's a one year pump. Is this true? If someone has one would they part ways. Thank for any help Darrel

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's true, it is a one year pump and guys with them rarely let them go. They seem to be the pump with the least amount of issues.

Wish I could recommend an aftermarket alternative but I'm one of those guys not letting it go. Good luck.

OP
OP
D

DossYNooX

Reaction score
Thanks. I've got 250k on mine. Transmission is the same way. Luckily I found one online. But I kept my old one also.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford said that it's a one year pump. Is this true? If someone has one would they part ways. Thank for any help Darrel

Half year pump, the 5.4 is different. They are really hard to come by, I think with a fitting change you can use the less reliable 11+ pump.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your belt idler pulleys , i had one making noise and sounded just like the pump was going out.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine made noise so I changed the oil to synthetic hydraulic oil that was 3 years and 60000 miles ago.

I drain and refill the PS reservoir with new fluid at every oil change. I also have a rare earth magnet in the reservoir. No problems so far with nearly 90K on the clock.