2010 6.2 li Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfer

Reaction score
Is it possible to install the bi-directional remote start on the 2010 6.2 li. raptor? If so can the bi-directional starter be programed to work with the new 2011 4 button key?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say yes to question one and no to question two. I've installed the "Ford" remote starts and never seen a way to make anything but the supplied and replacement fobs operate the system.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
remotehave start

A bi directional remote start can be installed on 2010 raptor just as easy as single button can be installed. The only problem with 2010 vehicle is when vehicle is remotely started when the door is then opened the vehicle will automatically shut down. some new safety feature which can be bypassed. the 2011 raptors will have the four key IKT fob built into the key and should have the remote start built into the fob itself. to add if you didn't buy one in 2011 is ford prob makes a kit which consists of 2 new keys and remote start antenna. If you prefer the bi directional remote start over built in version if the ignition switch connector is the same you shouldn't have any problem installed the bi directional in a 2011

jdowens1

Reaction score
Surfer, I just wanted to let you know Ford does make a bi-directional remote start for the 11 f-150. They make the OE kit which is built into the fob of they also make the bi-directional kit as well. It is basically plug and play only downside is dealership or someone you know with IDS will have to turn on the remote start on 2011. I currently have 2010 raptor where I installed bi-directional remote start and have done dozen others the Bi-directional fob sure seems to only work when it wants. It worked great for 3 months they started to peter out on me it will flash to let me know it started but nothing more after that. It seems to be with a lot of bi-directional ones I know of about 6 for sure at this time acting up. Not sure how everyone elses is holding up. 2010 and 2011 use two different bi-directional kits your dealer can give you the right part number or you can call 1-800-ford-key

jdowens1

Reaction score
Batman if you want a Ford one and get your parts I can always PM you wiring they are basically plug and play units plus connecting four wires only takes couple hours

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 4-button Ford key CAN BE PROGRAMMED to lock and unlock doors on the 2010 Raptor. I just don't know about the remote start.

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Batman if you want a Ford one and get your parts I can always PM you wiring they are basically plug and play units plus connecting four wires only takes couple hours

Didn't you just say that yours was taking a shit on you though? Or maybe I misread your post...

jdowens1

Reaction score
The remote start itself isn't. They keyfob has red and green light when the vehicle would start the green light would flass every few seconds while the vehicle was running when vehicle would shut down it would beep like four times in a row. Now when I start up the vehicle the FOB flashes green once to let me know it started then doesn't flash anymore after that. Ford make another single button one that is only like 250.00 they are basically a plug and play as well. The problem mine has doesn't really bother me I know when my vehicle at least starts so it works

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The remote start itself isn't. They keyfob has red and green light when the vehicle would start the green light would flass every few seconds while the vehicle was running when vehicle would shut down it would beep like four times in a row. Now when I start up the vehicle the FOB flashes green once to let me know it started then doesn't flash anymore after that. Ford make another single button one that is only like 250.00 they are basically a plug and play as well. The problem mine has doesn't really bother me I know when my vehicle at least starts so it works

And weren't you saying that it the engine shuts off when you open the door?