GEN 1 2010-2014 Raptor paddle shifter backfit from EcoPowerParts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only if you have select shift, which i think might have become an option in late 2010, but is standard on 2011+

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don't have select shift on your 2010 raptor you can still do this mod and install the later gen raptor steering wheel but the paddles are non-functional. There are companies that sell oem looking covers that will allow you to remove the paddle assembly from the oem wheel and cover the hole left by their removal... I would not recommend this... no ROI imho... any number of companies can build you a custom Gen 1 steering wheel with all the controls for between $600 and $1300 depending on features, materials, etc...

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool that you can get the paddle shifters to work on it, would be even better if there was a way to make the heated portion of it work as well. I was thinking about doing this steering wheel swap before I bought my carbon fiber one off eBay which I like the styling of a lot more than the stock Gen 2 wheel.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while i needed a new steering wheel, what i really wanted since i first drove it in mid 2011 is paddle shifters... my wife's 2020 explorer ST has heated steering wheel, nice enough, but not enough to be a deal breaker over paddle shifters... course if the truck had come with a heated steering wheel my OCD would have kicked in and bugged me about loosing an installed feature... lol

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while i needed a new steering wheel, what i really wanted since i first drove it in mid 2011 is paddle shifters... my wife's 2020 explorer ST has heated steering wheel, nice enough, but not enough to be a deal breaker over paddle shifters... course if the truck had come with a heated steering wheel my OCD would have kicked in and bugged me about loosing an installed feature... lol
Its a great mod; I love the paddle shifters on my '13 although I find myself going through quite a bit more gas then before the swap...damn lead foot. I went full OCD and got the latest wheel with the Raptor text on the cover

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The paddle shifters would be one thing I'd like to have, but I like the shape and look of the eBay carbon fiber steering wheel a lot better than the Gen 2 wheel. If it was a bit more aggressive of a shape I'd consider it, but it also sucks that it's so expensive. The eBay CF wheel was direct fit and like 350 bucks.