GEN 1 2010-2014 Raptor paddle shifter backfit from EcoPowerParts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed...

16356999396995483631148358446981-jpg.327477

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So EcoPowerParts has a great web page for this kit with all the oem p/n's you need as well as multiple videos for different parts of the install. When I emailed on Sunday night with a question, he got back to me in less than 30 minutes...

Its not cheap because OEM raptor stuff is rarely cheap...

EcoPowerParts Raptor Steering Wheel kit $355.00 (two ckt bds for the switch packs you buy below, steering harness, console harness)
FPP 17+ Raptor Steering Wheel $525.99 (from Summit w/ free shipping, I think this can be found for $100 less than what I paid for it, sometimes getting it quick, i.e. in stock, costs more)
Drive Inflator Module (FL3Z-15043B13-AB) $187.87 but with shipping => $318.79 (hazardous/dangerous material)
Clock Spring (HL3Z-14A664-A) $90.84
Switch Pack (HL3Z-9C888-BA) $48.36
Switch Pack (HL3Z-9C888-EA) $48.70

So all in... $1,387.68

So a bunch of money... at work I talk a lot about ROI, return on investment. Many of us spend about this amount on leaf springs, bumpers, traction bars, etc...

First time I took off from a stop paddle shifting with my right foot pressed to the floor board... grinning ear to ear... money well spent... and its a better looking steering wheel than the Gen 1 wheel...

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 6 speed I can see how it would be wanted but on the 10spd it is not my choice and I have had paddle manuals since 2014.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 6 speed I can see how it would be wanted but on the 10spd it is not my choice and I have had paddle manuals since 2014.
I think everyone has their own driving style, my wife's 2020 Ford Explorer ST in sport mode paddle shifting is a fun drive... the link posted above is to the vendor post announcing this product, my goal in creating this thread is to answer DIY installer and owner/operator of a vehicle with this kit installed questions... and I have no affiliation with EcoPowerParts... I just like a good product with good customer support...

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the vendor thread above there was a bunch of discussion about utilizing the heated steering wheel functionality (that the new steering wheel has) which is precluded by the number of available pins in the clock spring... of note, the smaller plug in my first picture, located right below the steering shaft hole is the heated steering wheel connector... so while I have not seen a clock spring for the heated steering f150 steering wheel application, it must have an additional connector in the clock spring utilizing this hole and plug... the top, larger connector is replaced with the EPP supplied steering wheel harness and uses every available usable pin... so when EPP says that have not found a way to add heated steering wheel functionality to the 09-14 through this steering wheel, its not from lack of trying...

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a by the way, the inflator module, i.e. airbag, was on nationwide backorder for the better part of two months. Everything else was immediately available out of the supply system. So look at inflator module availability before you order the oem parts. To do it again, I would have ordered the EPP kit and the airbag, waited two months and then ordered the other parts once I had shipping data on the airbag. That would have been $600 in my bank account rather than someone elses for 2 months or more.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting this, i've been looking into getting it done as well, but been held back by the overall cost. The ol' Gen1 wheel is a bit of an eyesore, and this spruces things up a bit! The paddle function would be great too.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paddle shifting work on a 2010 ? I don't think trans is set up for that , different ecm and controls than 2011 to 2014