$2000 document fee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol they probably want you to back out. if I was the dealer I would. 37 pp are hard to come by. they can easily sell to a ca dealer for 10k over msrp and never have to say a word to you. I would just swallow the pill and not give them the opportunity to back up on your deal. 2k over on a 37 is a great deal

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be prepared - this is a probably the first of many unexpected add-ons you are going to be hit up with when it comes time to sign the paperwork.
My advice, come as late in the day as possible to pick it up. Their desire to fight you with unrequested add-ons diminishes when it is time for them to go home.
You'll still feel like you came out after being bent over, but they'll give up on some of the crazier crap they'll say you "have to buy".

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
When I signed for mine they tried to sneak in 3 K worth of service contracts for annual service. They also tried to add 500 bucks for Nitrogen filled tires. You really need to read each line before you sign. They will take the extras off if you ask, they just hope you don't notice. Bring your patience but be ready to walk.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Be prepared - this is a probably the first of many unexpected add-ons you are going to be hit up with when it comes time to sign the paperwork.
My advice, come as late in the day as possible to pick it up. Their desire to fight you with unrequested add-ons diminishes when it is time for them to go home.
You'll still feel like you came out after being bent over, but they'll give up on some of the crazier crap they'll say you "have to buy".

Not sure why people are calling this unexpected or unknown add on. A document was signed by the OP which clearly stated the $2,000 charge. There will probably be some other things they try to add, but the $2k was known.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why people are calling this unexpected or unknown add on. A document was signed by the OP which clearly stated the $2,000 charge. There will probably be some other things they try to add, but the $2k was known.
lol missed that part? what was the purpose for all the responses then lol he signed it duhh

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son ordered a new Tacoma and we had trouble finding a local dealer that didn’t have an ADM. The few we found that didn’t have one had high admin/doc fees. Just a way of getting that $ another way.