2 Raptors parked next to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@2ndFord I agree! Tell your brother in law to hold on to that sucker!

My emphasis was that I’m glad I have a Gen 1, because of the V8 of course ;), but also because to me it seems to be the originator of the “Grill Wars”.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best cosmetic upgrade Gen1 to Gen2 was that grille. If I had a Gen1 that wasn't driven daily, I'd be concerned that honeybees would quickly start building combs in that structure. Ugly early Ford cosmetic engineering mistake, corrected with a learning curve. IMHO. No bees for me.
It would have to be honeybees with square heads.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Gen1 loses the "Grill War".

My Father-in-Law somehow saw the upcoming introduction of the Gen 1 and ordered himself one. Probably one of the first owners, since he pre-saw AND pre-ordered, and couldn't wait for delivery. He passed that truck along to his son, who is now selling it. Cab seems to have escaped corner and rocker rot issues, frame not so much, and he is doing some welding prior to sale.

But since I saw his Gen1 I knew I wanted one. Started shopping but my local dealer had FEW allocations so I missed out for 2 years. Finally able to secure one and then order my '18 model built December 2017.

Best cosmetic upgrade Gen1 to Gen2 was that grille. If I had a Gen1 that wasn't driven daily, I'd be concerned that honeybees would quickly start building combs in that structure. Ugly early Ford cosmetic engineering mistake, corrected with a learning curve. IMHO. No bees for me.

So you own both the Gen1 and Gen2?

Moridin

Reaction score

Must agree. I loved my 2012, couldn't get over how awesome it looked. Until I saw pics of the Gen 2, and especially the grill and front end. Just made my Gen 1 look wimpy in the front.

For quite a while, I tried to convince myself that it was just an optical illusion... until I finally saw a Gen 2 in person and then the truth was inescapable. The Gen 1 is an awesome truck. But *anyone* that says the front end and grill look better than a Gen 2 is either mostly blind, or convincing themselves. It's just not even a contest. haha

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 looks are knockout. Gen 1 takes the prize for best truck due to V8 and lack of ****** up electronic aids. IDN Gen 3 yet. Lemme rip it...lol