2 Raptors parked next to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndFord

Reaction score
the gen 3 looks like a small toy in that pic.
Are we looking at the same picture? To me the 3 appears to be the biggest and baddest of the bunch. But I prefer the headlights etc. on Gen2, and overall I prefer the Gen2 look. Only thing exterior-wise I prefer on the 3 over the 2 is the larger and location of the wide marker lights. But I'll have no say on an "upgrade" for myself... wife makes the money and I only spend it with her permission. So as with my previous vehicles I'll be driving this one for 10-12 years. So when I'm finally allowed to trade in or sell my 2018 in for a 2028-2030 to upgrade, what Gen Raptor will I be looking at? Will it still run on gasoline?

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we looking at the same picture? To me the 3 appears to be the biggest and baddest of the bunch. But I prefer the headlights etc. on Gen2, and overall I prefer the Gen2 look. Only thing exterior-wise I prefer on the 3 over the 2 is the larger and location of the wide marker lights. But I'll have no say on an "upgrade" for myself... wife makes the money and I only spend it with her permission. So as with my previous vehicles I'll be driving this one for 10-12 years. So when I'm finally allowed to trade in or sell my 2018 in for a 2028-2030 to upgrade, what Gen Raptor will I be looking at? Will it still run on gasoline?
I can’t wait to see the responses to this…:popcorn:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oops, my dyslexia kicking in, meant the Gen 1... SMH

2ndFord

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I like the Gen 2 look, but after seeing all three next to each other I am glad I have a Gen 1.

When will the Grill Wars end?!
Gen1 loses the "Grill War".

My Father-in-Law somehow saw the upcoming introduction of the Gen 1 and ordered himself one. Probably one of the first owners, since he pre-saw AND pre-ordered, and couldn't wait for delivery. He passed that truck along to his son, who is now selling it. Cab seems to have escaped corner and rocker rot issues, frame not so much, and he is doing some welding prior to sale.

But since I saw his Gen1 I knew I wanted one. Started shopping but my local dealer had FEW allocations so I missed out for 2 years. Finally able to secure one and then order my '18 model built December 2017.

Best cosmetic upgrade Gen1 to Gen2 was that grille. If I had a Gen1 that wasn't driven daily, I'd be concerned that honeybees would quickly start building combs in that structure. Ugly early Ford cosmetic engineering mistake, corrected with a learning curve. IMHO. No bees for me.