2 orders 2 experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ando9000

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I finally took delivery of a 2022 35 Agate Black raptor yesterday, my first Raptor. Upgrading from 2014 tacoma. I hope this story helps some understand the unbelievable randomness of orders, or the luck involved in getting a truck built and shipped quickly. Long story short, I put an "order" in with a family friend back home about 1 year ago in July 2021. Not knowing much at the time, I waited until roughly December until I realized that this dealer had no idea what he was doing, and did not have an allocation. I quickly pivoted and started to look for well priced orders to pick up or put in myself. I eventually came across a dealer that had someone back out of their order and I was able to pick that up. Roughly 12h drive away, but it worked for me. Truck was ordered 10/15, production 3/24, then nothing. In chip hold until about a week ago when it finally went to "Awaiting shipment." To this day still waiting to ship. During this process, I was becoming more frustrated with the 3 month chip hold and found another truck that wasn't allocated to a customer that I put a small deposit on. This truck was ordered 10/21, production on 5/31, and arrived at the dealer 6/23. This is the truck I bought.

I think this may have been the fastest "in production" to delivered I have heard of yet. So, my opinion, this is all a crap shoot. You may get lucky or you may not. Only option the other truck had was a bedliner which I suppose COULD have been the delay. Ill post pics below. Mine has an appliqué and does have the "new" downgraded minor interior change. It doesn't bother me much but does look a bit cheaper than before. So far, 350 miles in I couldn't be happier. No clunk, drives great, loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpeg
    IMG_1133.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2642.jpeg
    IMG_2642.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 308

savela

Reaction score
What exactly does ‘downgraded’ interior mean? Curious if that’s the case with mine. Too much frickin’ plastic.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What exactly does ‘downgraded’ interior mean? Curious if that’s the case with mine. Too much frickin’ plastic.
He’s prolly talking about those deleted options for 22 models that came standard on 21 models…temp on knobs, lighted cup holders, etc.

OP
OP
A

Ando9000

Reaction score
That and the areas where carbon fiber is an option is now what you would get with 800a instead of 801a. It’s basically a shiny plastic. You can see in the pic on the upper glove compartment.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, yes you got yours quick from build date to delivery . Mine was also ordered around Oct 21, built Feb waiting for chip until June. Glad you finally got your truck and enjoy away.