GEN 1 2 dropped valves in 3 months, what can i do??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update, my mechanic got intouch with the warranty company and they require ford dealership to look at it. He gave it a quick look spark plugs are good. No oil in coolant, pulled the valve covers and they look good. He stated he thinks it is a rod bearing.
Was towed to local ford dealer on tuesday and they cant get to it for a month they are backed up. Service rep called and stated for them to look at the engine they would charge me 145 per hour for 5 hours of work. Not sure what is going on but my personal mechanic got a ref number from ford stating repairs and labor would be covered. I will reach out to the dealer after work for clarification
That's a good update, please keep us posted and if you can ask them for pictures, even better.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
**update** the ford dealer i had been working with has been trying to find ways out of doing any repair work went back and forth with them on working on the vehicle for almost a month. Now they text me and say well we will not warranty this engine because the shop that installed it made a mistake while installing the engine. Ford said they could order another engine for 10k. But it wont be covered by them. So i reached out to the repair shop that had the work done and my.mechanic is going up to the ford dealer to document what ford claims is the repair shops fault. At this time not sure what to do its not looking good

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a shit show. Sorry to hear about the issues and the run around. Almost sounds like an exhaust leak at the manifold.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well hopefully if it was installed wrong??? That the mechanic shop has insurance to cover the engine, if not, sounds like you might have to get a lawyer and find a parking spot for your truck to sit until this is figured out.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Yea I am trying every option before seeking legal counsel. My mechanic went up to the dealership and wanted proof and took a vid cam and from what was told to him when he went up there is the tech started the truck and said the sound was not that bad so they decided to take it for a drive(after we specifically told them not to start it) and the locked up the engine during the drive and had to have it towed back to the shop. And they had the service writer tell me it was my fault that happened. My mechanic was up there and they didnt even check the engine they just took one plug out and used a borescope after they locked the engine up. So basically stating that the damage found was due to me and not them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's just unbelievable, so do they think a valve dropped into the piston or what? How can this happen on a new motor, I mean anything is possible, but my radar is arcing!! Ford should charge you to find out why it seized and then when they find it is their fault, reimburse you for a new motor and you'll probably have to pay labour since they didn't do the motor, IDK, sounds so screewy!

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Final update, the original dealership would not work on the vehicle at all they stated it was locked up and I needed a new engine, asked for 10k to cover. This is 5 month into not having a vehicle so i paid to have it towed to a different dealer, issue was solved in 1 week. They stated the first dealer must of broke 2 spark plugs, intake mani was a bit loose and some vac hoses were not on all the way. Got the truck back and it ran fine did receive a high offer for it and it was sold the next week. Will miss the truck but for now I will not look for a new one