GEN 1 2 dropped valves in 3 months, what can i do??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Mechanic stated the intake part that sits on top of the head was cleaned and there was no debris, pulled all the plugs only bottom 2 plugs closest to bumperhad a lil oil on the threads on driver side. Other plugs looked new.https://youtube.com/shorts/7JJqjWFsh4c?feature=share

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You shouldn't be running the engine, you might be doing more damage.
Could be the cam phasers aren't working but just guessing.
Did you pull any codes with a OBDII reader?

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Hopefully it's something simple or just overlooked.

Do you know if it's running a Tune?
And are you using 91 octane or better 93?
If you're 89 or 87 that could be one of your issues.
No tune all stock when i purchased it owned by a farmer only thing they did was undercoating. I have only put 91 since i have owned it so dont think its an octane thing unless i got some bad gas at the station

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
You shouldn't be running the engine, you might be doing more damage.
Could be the cam phasers aren't working but just guessing.
Did you pull any codes with a OBDII reader?
I just had someone let me borrow a obd2 scanner and it showed p0430. I think below threshold something like that, i just replaced my rear 02 both sides and when the engine was out i had thrm check the catalytic converters for damage and they said they looked good. So im not sure if it something before the cats like coil pack or a stuck injector or a valve that is not timed correctly.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a pressure test that can be done to see if the cat has failed.
Bunch of videos about that on YouTube.
I'm assuming the exhaust system is still from the previous engine failure.
Something could have destroyed the Honeycomb in the cats and/or damaged the front O2s

Injectors not working is another thing but there would be more codes than just the one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K
Reaction score
There is a pressure test that can be done to see if the cat has failed.
Bunch of videos about that on YouTube.
I'm assuming it's the exhaust system is still from the previous engine failure.
Something could have destroyed the Honeycomb in the cats and/or damaged the front O2s

Injectors not working is another thing but there would be more codes than just the one.
Thanks for the info i will try to have someone look at it the ford dealer ships are booked out for a few weeks so i cant have them check it at all yet.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the replies, i have to work and have no had much time to look it over. Oil is still full. No oil in coolant res or radiator. I am going to check spark plugs when i have time. Vehicle has irratic idle and when u apply pressure to the gas petal sound increases. When got new reman engine everthing was replaced except the coil pack, plug wire and accesory belt and tensioner, alt and starter. Engine came with new head, block, oil pan water pump. All old wire harness was reused.