GEN 1 2 dropped valves in 3 months, what can i do??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi looking for some help on what to do now. Purchased my gen 1 2014 raptor in Nov of 2020 with 68k miles. Everything was good mantained and vehicle checked at dealer had no issues. Skip forward to dec 2021 was on the highway and valve above cylinder 3 from pass side dropped into cylinder and went thru the piston. At 82k miles. Called around no ford dealer around here had a replacement engine. And said it could be months. Found a local reman engine shop and purchased an engine from them and had a local reputable shop install. Engine came with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. Everything was good and 700 miles later no check engine and same issue happened lost power and same metal on metal sound happened, was 3 blocks from home when it happened. Limp vehicle home at about 10miles per hour. What should i do? What could cause this? I contacted the shop and they said engine should be covered but labor is not. I just spent 6500 on the engine and 4000k for labor and i dont have the funds to do this again. Please help!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe the labor wouldn't be covered, how many months has it been, less than 3 obviously. I think you should check the engine over, there may be a simpler problem, then a hole in another piston. Start by checking the oil. Show some pics to us. Is it possible the sound is from an accessory on the front of the motor or maybe a problem with the torque converter area? Need more info to help.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the replies, i have to work and have no had much time to look it over. Oil is still full. No oil in coolant res or radiator. I am going to check spark plugs when i have time. Vehicle has irratic idle and when u apply pressure to the gas petal sound increases. When got new reman engine everthing was replaced except the coil pack, plug wire and accesory belt and tensioner, alt and starter. Engine came with new head, block, oil pan water pump. All old wire harness was reused.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the replies, i have to work and have no had much time to look it over. Oil is still full. No oil in coolant res or radiator. I am going to check spark plugs when i have time. Vehicle has irratic idle and when u apply pressure to the gas petal sound increases. When got new reman engine everthing was replaced except the coil pack, plug wire and accesory belt and tensioner, alt and starter. Engine came with new head, block, oil pan water pump. All old wire harness was reused.
What about the intake, is it new to the motor or was it professionally cleaned? I'm talking about the intake on top of the motor where your coil packs bolt onto. Since it still runs, there maybe some hope. Have you tried to take the serpentine belt off and start the truck to see if its quiet? If you could video the sound, that might help.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will take a look and ask if that was replaced.I tried to upload the vid but it states vid is too large anyway around that??made ot smaller size but now it states.it not vid format. Any way.i.can email someone the vid?
U have to upload to youtube (or similar platform) then you can copy and paste to here.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully it's something simple or just overlooked.

Do you know if it's running a Tune?
And are you using 91 octane or better 93?
If you're 89 or 87 that could be one of your issues.