$2.99 Sub Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure everyone does. Most just disconnect it while they're doing this mod then reconnect it.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird. Mine had an amp on the outside of the plastic box, right next to the subs

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not may be. Regardless. I have a 2010 scab and it this mod worked fine on it.

Yes it shouldn't matter which one this mod should work. It was just a FYI for anyone who cares. If any one plans to install an amp and sub like in Birdman's thread like I did then thats when u will need to know where the amp is so u know if u have a high or low signal coming in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did this on my 2013. Thanks for the post! In my case, the sub was attached with all three vertical screws, but it was pretty obvious. The rest of the instructions were spot on.

7aje9y8e.jpg

umuny6yt.jpg

In my case it was the $6.99 mode, since that's how much Joann's wanted for a 20oz bag. I used maybe 1/3 of the bag and as you can see it was plenty.