2.5 Fox Bump mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some 2.5” Fox bumps with 2.5” stroke. Thinking they were threaded tops when I ordered, now I’m realizing they are not. (Pics below of actual bump configuration)

I ordered some 2.5” bump cans for king/fox bumps. I’m thinking I can still salvage these cans by cutting a hole (holesaw) in the center of the bump can mount and welding a bolt and nut to compress the can onto the bump body.

Anyone got any other ideas to mount these particular bump stops, as they don’t have threads or a nut on top to hold them into the can?

Or maybe a better option for mounts.

Also should I be running a longer bump can mount body? These are 5.75” length, actual fox bump bodies are 8.5” length.

822D0F17-C95C-4ECD-A765-ED3DAE44753D.jpeg

F9A23738-F045-4277-AA20-909AB7248375.jpeg

8C22C7FD-2403-4E15-BB87-EC69DA694233.jpeg

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it would be easier to just order cans that clamp from the side from Ruff Stuff. unless you like to cut weld and fab your own

OP
OP
D

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of.
After a solid amount of time researching, I cannot find a 2.5 bump can mount that comes in the “Pinch” style? I think it’s kinda odd.

If you know of a company that sells them, I would be greatly appreciative.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking of another solution.
The top cap of the bump has 2 countersunk cap screws. You could drill a hole in the top of the can and run 1 longer bolt into one of the top cap retaining bolt holes and hold the bump in the can from the top.
You just want to make sure the bump fits snug in the can.

OP
OP
D

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking of another solution.
The top cap of the bump has 2 countersunk cap screws. You could drill a hole in the top of the can and run 1 longer bolt into one of the top cap retaining bolt holes and hold the bump in the can from the top.
You just want to make sure the bump fits snug in the can.
Thanks for the links. I ordered some from FOA as they weren’t as confusing to order as ballistics website. Ballistics website stated 2” or 4” Tube OD. What I think they meant was 2” or 4” stroke. Didn’t want to risk ordering the wrong crap again so First Overall it is.

FYI, I thought about ******** a bolt into the two holes like you stated. Except... the holes are not threaded and I didn’t feel like tapping the holes for something that might not hold over a long period of time.

Thanks again. Project bumps soon to be underway again.