1st World Problem: Forgetful Memory Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? My seats return to my memory preset once the car is on, etc., but they seem to "stop short" by an inch or so. I will adjust and re-set the preset, but it keeps doing it.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
every few weeks i need to re learn my drivers seat and passenger mirror. They just seem off by a small amount every couple of weeks.

total 1st world problems.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen1 did this a few times but it was not consistent it just kind of went away. Dealer or myself never found a cause. You might try a battery disconnect.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: Will the seat not move all the way back when shutting the truck down unless the memory is programmed?

I have never bothered to program my seats, nor did I in my F350 platinum. I HAVE noticed that my raptor seat doesnt move from where I set it though (it doesnt go back when I turn the truck off). My 350 would.

Maybe I need to program to get the "go back" feature. And maybe I programmed my 350 seats without realizing it.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try programming memory button 1 and 3 with your desired seating position. Then if it stops short, just hit memory button 3 and it should correct itself. Just a thought.

phinman

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? My seats return to my memory preset once the car is on, etc., but they seem to "stop short" by an inch or so. I will adjust and re-set the preset, but it keeps doing it.

Yes. Have this exact same issue. It’s not my daily driver - so I thought I was just going crazy as it felt just a bit too far back. I end up resetting every couple of weeks.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: Will the seat not move all the way back when shutting the truck down unless the memory is programmed?

I have never bothered to program my seats, nor did I in my F350 platinum. I HAVE noticed that my raptor seat doesnt move from where I set it though (it doesnt go back when I turn the truck off). My 350 would.

Maybe I need to program to get the "go back" feature. And maybe I programmed my 350 seats without realizing it.

I have noticed that the easy entry/exit does not move the seat back as much as it has on my previous vehicles. It might put it back an inch or so where my wife's 2018 expedition moves much further back.