1st Time Raptor Owner - Stoked!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
raiderofthelostark

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck!
Thanks! Super excited about it. It snowed in the PNW, been having some fun today
Welcome! Excellent post and great detail. That’s a beautiful Raptor. Nice list of mods to come. You have done your homework.

Enjoy that truck.
FRF has been a big help - so many dumb questions can be answered quickly here
Welcome to the place, congrats on a beautiful Raptor, :favorites37: you only made one mistake introducing yourself, you mentioned racecar, but no pictures of race cars, tsk tsk!
Lol, I'll put some photos up sometime soon. Been through the full gamut of Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc. The R8 is a keeper
Welcome to FRF!
Thanks!!
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Maybe someone with some firsthand experience can comment; I noticed your intended uses include towing + you are spec’ing both the S8 and Onx6 ; the S8 will block only a minimal amount of flow to the radiator. The Onx6 will block a bit of flow to the intercooler though. I don’t think it would be an issue for a street driven truck, but we have had users report issues with front mount intercoolers and grill blocking lights.

Whatever mods you decide on, she looks like a great truck.
My current tow rig is a 2004 Dodge 2500 which I still have. Most of the tracks I'm heading to nowadays are nearby so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal, for the longer hauls I'll grab the keys to the Ram.
Congratulations on your new Raptor, best color too.
Thanks and yes. I always buy red Trucks and this was exactly how I would have spec'd it from the factory, feeling pretty lucky I found it
Welcome!! You've got a beautiful Raptor!! :D

You're right - it is nice that this online community is so welcoming and full of knowledge and enthusiasm! I joined recently and I was honestly surprised :)
Ya, I've been searching absolutely everything here - it's really been a huge help
I agree with the comments from a lot of people on here. You have a lot of expertise people on here. Ford Tech one is a great source of info. John M will really have some great pics to look at.
I seriously can't believe the amount of info on here. I had no idea foglights would become a multi-hour research session. But I did find out everything I needed to right here on FRF. Even saved some money
Congrats on the new addition. Nice color too!

Looks like you have been busy doing your homework. If those are the original KO2's, the road noise will be much less. I just put new ones on mine, almost about 37K miles out of the original set. Enjoy!
Ya both the K02s and brake pads/rotors are original and in need of replacing. I measured the tread depth under 4/32 on some and the rotors/pads still have some life but might as well do it all now and get a clean slate.
Welcome! Nice truck!
Thanks!

ohpyramids

Reaction score
Welcome and rad truck! How do you like the wireless CarPlay function? Didn’t know it existed and now I want it!

OP
OP
raiderofthelostark

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a few updates and revisions.

Will start a build thread as soon as the parts arrive:

Engine:
Power Commander
Roush Cold Air Intake
Roush Catback Exhaust

Wheels/Tires:
New K02s Installed
Alcon 6-pot Front Calipers and Slotted Rotors
Alcon Rear Slotted Rotors

Suspension:
Eibach Front Springs
Deaver +3HD Leafs
SVC Bump Stops & Relocator

Truck Bed:
BuiltRight Bed Goods
Shovel, Jack, etc

Lights:
Baja Designs Sportsmen Fogs
Baja Designs S8 Center Grill
Baja Designs X6 Lower Grill
Baja Designs S2 Rear
Baja Designs A-Pillar

Interior:
Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Carplay
Rear Underseat Tray

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
how in the heck is that truck so clean with all the snow?