1st push buttons ignition hack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobhub

Reaction score
Why not put the Rap fob in your pocket and the keys in your console? You obviously have no requirement for the keys while showing and leaving your fob in the Rap is asking for someone to take it (the Rap not the fob). You can’t lock the Rap with the fob inside either. Your idea seems like a bad choice all the way. Maybe re-think your idea? That device looks tacky.

You actually can lock your fob in the truck. Just push the bottom two buttons on the keypad. Very handy at times.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to leave my key in my ol' super duty diesel all the time. in ignition (regular key..) and lock with the buttons. I lock it also with the Raptor sometimes, but fob stays in pocket all the time, by itself. I drive, uhh.. well, not slow enough most of the time to even entertain hanging the keys. Much less with that cheap little hook.. sorry man, get the idea, but that's just not kosher.. for a Raptor, or many other cars.. lol

Kinda the whole point to have push button is to not have to put the key(s) anywhere--- this is why it's called.. ahem, a keyless ignition.. :doh2:

LOL... sorry couldn't resist that one.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Try this.

SmartSelect_20190705-004034_Firefox.jpg

They have a very strong velcro used to secure around your belt, will last at least a year and are very strong.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried hanging my key fob. Pulled the end off the fob. It would be nice if the fob was more user friendly. Big ugly piece f plastic

OP
OP
James Biedenharn
Reaction score
Why not put the Rap fob in your pocket and the keys in your console? You obviously have no requirement for the keys while showing and leaving your fob in the Rap is asking for someone to take it (the Rap not the fob). You can’t lock the Rap with the fob inside either. Your idea seems like a bad choice all the way. Maybe re-think your idea? That device looks tacky.

I get the less that desirable look. But I’m much more likely to leave it in my pocket for a wash cycle than leave it in the truck. With it hanging there I never forget it as I reach to turn off truck. I actually left it a time or two before when I’d throw them in the hole in the center console. And I do need other keys and lockbox access several times each day. Still a work in progress .
If I come up with better solution I’ll post it.