1st performance mod’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorific

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I’m ready to purchase my first performance mod’s for my 2014 Raptor. I’m looking at getting a cold air intake and a Corsa cat back exhaust. First question, there’s so many cold air options out there that I was wondering if a certain brand Sticks out or if they’re all about the same. Secondly, those who are running the Corsa exhaust, is there a preference between the extreme and the sport? I guess what I’m really asking, is the extreme too loud for everyday driving? Look forward to reading your comments.
Cheers

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people like the S&B intake kit, there is also a used one for sale currently in the for sale threads section. They’re all going to net you the same very small amount of performance gains. Just comes down to looks. I have the roush intake and love it . Quality and fitment is nice and sounds mean.

OP
OP
R

Raptorific

Reaction score
You guys are going to have to school me on the term “tune”. I see it referenced on some of the cold air intakes. Could someone please elaborate???

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few companies out there that can tune your raptor but here is one. It breaks down most of what all they adjust in your computer (ecm & tcm). They can build tunes based on other performance upgrades you have and the fuel you run.

maxwell018867

Reaction score
I run the Volant cold air intake and I like it so far. I went that route to have the closed lid to keep some of the dust and sand out . They also have a great selection of pre-filter wraps for the filters they carry that come in handy especially for dune riding and the kit comes with a new coolant reservoir. Don’t quote me on it but I believe the corsa extreme cat back deletes the resonator while the sport does not. Hope this helps:)

tgrayson

Reaction score
I researched many of the CAI systems and chose the Roush for fit, performance, and appearance. I also went well with the Borland Ford Racing Sport exhaust which is a very good choice for performance and sound (no drone). It's a good combination that works well together. You will also want to change your plugs, wires, coils, and add a good oil/air separator for top performance even if your truck has low miles. My experience has been that age more than mileage is the best determining factor. Some people choose to just change the top plugs and not the bottom before trading/selling, in many cases, the bottom plugs have broken terminals that come off with the plug wires. Another good addition is the Ford heavy duty transmission cooler which will drop your trans temp 20 degrees which is well below the maximum temp for the transmission fluid.