1st or 2nd generation Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That article is about as meh as it gets. Things of that sort need opinion thrown in to spice it up IMO. The facts and stats are all well and good but, what else? Personally, I loved the Raptor since it came out - To me though, the V8 is just meh as I've always been a fan of turbo charged power plants. When Gen 2 came along, with all aluminum body (and some composite) and that wicked TT 3.5 V6 that I knew would be super tuneable I was in love. All I hear gen 1 guys crying about is the exhaust note - doesn't factor in much for me at all. Gen 2 is lighter, quicker, has 2in more travel and way more fun IMO. Anyway, sorry to carry on but the article is a bore.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re just begging for clicks since the world screeched to a halt. It’s nothing any of us haven’t considered or thought about.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to argue that the Gen 2 doesn't do almost everything better than the Gen 1. If I had the money, I'd do the Gen 2 but with a heavily massaged V8 to get to 450-500 hp and I'd be happy as a clam.

OP
OP
BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That article is about as meh as it gets. Things of that sort need opinion thrown in to spice it up IMO. The facts and stats are all well and good but, what else? Personally, I loved the Raptor since it came out - To me though, the V8 is just meh as I've always been a fan of turbo charged power plants. When Gen 2 came along, with all aluminum body (and some composite) and that wicked TT 3.5 V6 that I knew would be super tuneable I was in love. All I hear gen 1 guys crying about is the exhaust note - doesn't factor in much for me at all. Gen 2 is lighter, quicker, has 2in more travel and way more fun IMO. Anyway, sorry to carry on but the article is a bore.

You just rewrote the article............and made it interesting!