GEN 2 1st Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My 18 Screw just turned 1200 miles. My Ford app says oil life is 84%. When do you guys change oil for the first time? How often are you guys changing your oil and what are you using?

Thanks!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the first oil change, I changed mine at 5k miles. I used a Ford filter and Rotella T6 5w30.

I think mine still had 30% oil life.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hit 4500 miles on factory oil says 48% life left. I just got Fumoto oil change valve to I will be changing mine either this weekend or the next. going with mobile 1 and ford filter.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just hit 4500 miles on factory oil says 48% life left. I just got Fumoto oil change valve to I will be changing mine either this weekend or the next. going with mobile 1 and ford filter.

I forgot to mention the Fumoto valve. If you got a metal pan it’s a must.

Also, remove the entire skid plate covering the pan/drain plug. Oil goes all over the place.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First change at about 1850 miles, put in Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Now down to about 35% life on this change, will change at around 20% or so as the motor is still pretty fresh. Unlike some, haven't noticed any consumption so far (knock on wood). Blackstone analysis on the first change was good, a bit high on a few metals (aluminum, iron, copper, moly, manganese and boron) all chalked up to initial wear-in. Silicon also high, but attributed to sealants used during assembly. Looking forward to analysis #2.

OP
OP
charliebrown

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for all the replies. In previous cars I would change to full synthetic at 5k and every 5k afterwards.

On cars I race I change oil every two or three track session but that’s an entirely different use case.

For the Raptor, I’m not sure what the optimal interval and viscosity is. From what I’m reading; sounds like changing at 2k and again at 5k with full synthetic and then every 5k isn’t necessary but none the less a good idea?

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys are doing 7K in some cases.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i did 3k for my first oil and filter change. Will do next at 10k, then 20k, 30k, 40k ect ect

Mobil 1 5w30 and fomoco fl-500