1966 F100 but Raptor Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sweet. Did you retain the stock frame, go custom, or do the crown Vic frame swap? (Or is this one of the years where the truck is uni-body.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock vs Garrett cooler. lower portion will hang approx 3" below edge of bumper. I will build duct work to direct air thru cooler.

010.JPG 012.JPG 014.JPG 016.JPG

OP
OP
F

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sweet. Did you retain the stock frame, go custom, or do the crown Vic frame swap? (Or is this one of the years where the truck is uni-body.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the CV kits or full frame swap. Ruins the truck for me. Although I did a narrowed CV swap in a friends truck. Any mod on this truck can be easily reversed. I had extra inner fenders and core support so had to do a few mods to them as wanted all Raptor parts filling the engine bay. TONS of extra work but on road any dealer should have what I need if I do have a issue.

Goal was to maintain 100% of stock frame and also stick with Twin I Beam front suspension. I also used stock F150 engine mounts as ford spent millions developing them why change them. I did have to weld a small bracket on drivers side near steering gear box which would be very easy to remove. Zero other mods to frame although to get the 10R80 to fit I had to slightly modify the transmission crossmember then modify the stock F150 trans mount to fit.

Truck is being built as a long distance cruiser with a goal of 900 miles per fuel fill. Which is 840 ***** stops for a old guy but at least if in middle of nowhere fuel will be ok. Hoping to mostly run E50. Goal is 25 mpg at 65 mph.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The paint work looks dripping wet and really nice. Such a cherry truck. E-50? Damn this thing is going to fly! Less mileage on ethanol, but your a lot lighter and less bulkier too. Plz update as she comes to life!

OP
OP
F

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paint work looks dripping wet and really nice. Such a cherry truck. E-50? Damn this thing is going to fly! Less mileage on ethanol, but your a lot lighter and less bulkier too. Plz update as she comes to life!

I will try to get it to fly low..
Will start off with 91 then once dialed in switch to E50 which is pump gas here.
No plan on pushing the envelope. If it will hook up my drag software says it could run 10’s on as little as 550 rwhp and also reach the 100 mph in 1/8 mile! as best I can tell it’s over a 1/4 mile before stock Raptor hits 100 mph.
truck as it sits is 3757 lbs. 55% front 45% rear weight bias. Hoping to improve that at least 1% by time it’s done

OP
OP
F

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks on paint! It’s a do it yourself in backyard special. Majority painted outside as I have no booth & shop usually pretty dirty/dusty.

I have 3 other trucks with eco power but not Raptor.