GEN 2 19 Rear Ended by a Range Rover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I agree with rocket, now would be a great time to put on a aftermarket bumper. Side note you can pickup a factory takeoff on Craigslist for around $200.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just think if that was a Prius? You would be buffing out any scuff marks. Prius would be totaled.

that would create it’s own set of problems though.
1) When the prius collides with another vehicle, it releases all the Smug(™) that it runs on, creating a hazmat situation.
2) the faux outrage and sense of loss priussies will experience at the loss of their prius, will be fueled by the smug and may result in spontaneous combustion of the priussy and could actually engulf the passengers.
3) Do those things have an EPO button? electric bikes that race the Isle of Man have to use an EPO for any potential crashes, to hopefully avoid electrocuting the road crew. Death by prius would be the ultimate dis.
4) your Raptor would be infected by the Smug(™) which normal cleaning will not remove.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the information on diminished value I will look into that. Yea I am not happy but what can I do it happened and I need to move forward. Life is too short to let this bother me and like I said there was no bed/body damage only the rear bumper and tow hitch so a few nuts and bolts and it should be like new.

I am a dialysis patient so this is really the least of my worries in life but it does suck but as they say shit happens!

Just curious does anyone know if the rear bumper comes pre painted or will the body shop need to paint it first before installing it?

love this attitude!! it usually takes a life changing event to realize this, i feel the same way....get it fixed and get back to enjoying your raptor!! good luck with the repair

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you mean ball mount. It can be argued he'd be looking at frame damage instead of a new bumper in that circumstance. Maybe for the love taps, but for a big hit, it's better to not have a ball mount in your receiver hitch.
Yes, I meant ball mount (hitch) not receiver, and yes most are fender benders, not big hits. I also want to cause more damage to the idiot that hits me....

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote aftermarket bumper as well if insurance covers it. Sometimes they just cut a check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raptorexplorer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the diminished value claim. My wife's van was hit, the other carrier admitted liability. that day I got instant cash quotes from Carvana, KBB, and Vroom. Also, got rough estimate from edmonds, and went to the dealer who wouldnt give me an official quote but did let me know their trade in values for the van in different states.

submitted it to the adjuster, and got some good money from it. DO NOT LET THE ADJUSTER TELL YOU THEY DON'T "DO DIMINISHED VALUE CLAIMS" its a lie, and it falls under that person's property damage coverage. Use the magic words "my diminished value claim is reasonable and within policy limits."