GEN 2 19 Rear Ended by a Range Rover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onboost

Reaction score
Was leaving a parking garage traffic light turned red I stopped the Range Rover behind me apparently wanted to run the light and plowed into the back of my truck.

Built Ford Tuff is legitimate no bed damage at all only the rear bumper dented and trailer hitch scuffed a bit. Her car probably totaled headlights fell out, airbags went off. front bumper and radiator all pushed way back.

body shop estimate is only $1350.00 including labor.

Wife and I are fine and truck should be good as new.

Glad we were in the truck and not something else.

Her insurance already agreed and approved repairs truck so just need to drop it off one the parts arrive.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was leaving a parking garage traffic light turned red I stopped the Range Rover behind me apparently wanted to run the light and plowed into the back of my truck.

Built Ford Tuff is legitimate no bed damage at all only the rear bumper dented and trailer hitch scuffed a bit. Her car probably totaled headlights fell out, airbags went off. front bumper and radiator all pushed way back.

body shop estimate is only $1350.00 including labor.

Wife and I are fine and truck should be good as new.

Glad we were in the truck and not something else.

Her insurance already agreed and approved repairs truck so just need to drop it off one the parts arrive.
I would be sick if someone so much a touched my truck, glad to see your handling it well

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure you file a Diminished Value claim for your new vehicle being hit. Now that it’s been involved in an accident, you lose value if/when you choose to trade in/sell.....get a report done and submit it. Will be worth thousands of $$$ to you.

OP
OP
O

Onboost

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the information on diminished value I will look into that. Yea I am not happy but what can I do it happened and I need to move forward. Life is too short to let this bother me and like I said there was no bed/body damage only the rear bumper and tow hitch so a few nuts and bolts and it should be like new.

I am a dialysis patient so this is really the least of my worries in life but it does suck but as they say shit happens!

Just curious does anyone know if the rear bumper comes pre painted or will the body shop need to paint it first before installing it?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours is a good example of why I always leave my hitch on, all the time...

TXGREEK

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the information on diminished value I will look into that. Yea I am not happy but what can I do it happened and I need to move forward. Life is too short to let this bother me and like I said there was no bed/body damage only the rear bumper and tow hitch so a few nuts and bolts and it should be like new.

I am a dialysis patient so this is really the least of my worries in life but it does suck but as they say shit happens!

Just curious does anyone know if the rear bumper comes pre painted or will the body shop need to paint it first before installing it?

They’re usually painted but you can have the body shop paint it to your liking as well but you’ll then want to get your front done too lol.
Good luck and God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yours is a good example of why I always leave my hitch on, all the time...

I assume you mean ball mount. It can be argued he'd be looking at frame damage instead of a new bumper in that circumstance. Maybe for the love taps, but for a big hit, it's better to not have a ball mount in your receiver hitch.