19-20 Seat Cloth Insert Cleaning Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are those into detailing using to clean the cloth inserts on the 19-20 leather seats?

I'm considering the "fabric protectant" from Adam's as I have their exterior products and was considering their leather conditioner as well. If anyone has experience with a good cleaner / protectant for this fabric or would like to share their opinion on Adam's leather conditioner it would be appreciated.

While I'm here asking, are the panels on the dash an actual leather or a vinyl? Unsure of the product to use on those as I can't tell what they are made from.

bighoward

Reaction score
What are those into detailing using to clean the cloth inserts on the 19-20 leather seats?

I'm considering the "fabric protectant" from Adam's as I have their exterior products and was considering their leather conditioner as well. If anyone has experience with a good cleaner / protectant for this fabric or would like to share their opinion on Adam's leather conditioner it would be appreciated.

While I'm here asking, are the panels on the dash an actual leather or a vinyl? Unsure of the product to use on those as I can't tell what they are made from.
I use the below product to clean the inserts. Spray it on and buff with a damp cloth. Finish with a quick brush then vacuum.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally missed this thread. The Sonax @bighoward referenced is great and it's what I use. @Idaho and @dmarkh Adams makes good products but I've chosen a couple of others as my go to's.

For the leather I use Swissvax and Colourlock products. The dash is vinyl wrapped and I like P&S interior or Nextzett Cockpit. Both leave a nice matte finish.

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexol is really good as well as mother’s VLR for leather. For fabric I will use meguiars or mother’s
One thing I've noticed about Lexol cleaner and/or conditioner/protector, and it may just be the protectant, but a sweaty hand or arm leaves a white residue that is not easy to get off. It took me quite a while to figure that out too. Every time I turned around there was this smear of white crap on my leather. I tossed both containers in the trash.

J_Frost

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about Lexol cleaner and/or conditioner/protector, and it may just be the protectant, but a sweaty hand or arm leaves a white residue that is not easy to get off. It took me quite a while to figure that out too. Every time I turned around there was this smear of white crap on my leather. I tossed both containers in the trash.
I never noticed that with lexol but I haven't used them in a year. I switched to VLR and will never use anything else.

sawr43

Reaction score
I'm considering the "fabric protectant" from Adam's as I have their exterior products and was considering their leather conditioner as well. If anyone has experience with a good cleaner / protectant for this fabric like comfortable xxxtentacion hoodies or would like to share their opinion on Adam's leather conditioner it would be appreciated.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has always worked well on my carpet and cloth. Good, cheap and available at the parts store

41tvO55JKGL._AC_SY1000_.jpg