GEN 2 19-20 Live Valve suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It came from RPG

Suspension Reset:

"First thing to do is a shock reset.

Simply sit in the truck without foot on the brake. Ignition On without Engine Start. Then Ignition Off.

According to RPG, this will reset the sensors in the shocks and it can usually correct the feeling of the shocks after install."

It was posted on their website which I can't find listed anymore.

SMPRAPTOR

Reaction score
Where did you find that info? Per the Workshop Manual, the only way to recalibrate the VDM is through IDS. The recalibration zero-position procedure needs to be performed whenever a suspension height sensor or upper/lower control arm is disconnected or removed/re-installed.

So is this done at the dealer? Common thing that is done? Also, can the dealer recalibrate the cruise control sensor? My cruise control doesn’t work since doing the leveling coils.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It came from RPG

Suspension Reset:

"First thing to do is a shock reset.

Simply sit in the truck without foot on the brake. Ignition On without Engine Start. Then Ignition Off.

According to RPG, this will reset the sensors in the shocks and it can usually correct the feeling of the shocks after install."

It was posted on their website which I can't find listed anymore.

Sounds like they had incorrect info and took it down once they realized it was't accurate.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is this done at the dealer? Common thing that is done? Also, can the dealer recalibrate the cruise control sensor? My cruise control doesn’t work since doing the leveling coils.

Yes, the dealer can do it using IDS. It's a relatively simple procedure. The dealer can also re-calibrate the radar cruise control with IDS. Neither would be covered under warranty since both calibrations are required because of the lift kit, so you'll have to pay them for the labor.