GEN 2 19-20 Live Valve suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Raptor with the Live Valve suspension. Is anyone making an aftermarket upper control arm that works with the suspension level arm? Or thought about a metal replacement link to replace the plastic one? I'm curious how the aftermarket will support this new feature. Thanks in advance for your responce!15889745008631471624935733321313.jpg

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most guys are just ditching live valve at that point. All the wires for the system are a liability off road. You break one and the truck goes into limp mode.

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I know the Icon Deltas and Camburg Kinetics work well. I’m not sure about the deltas (I have them but on a ‘17) but I know the camburgs require drilling to mount the bracket (they do include a drill template though, and it takes literally a minute to line up and drill).

I’m sure there are some others out there that work just as well.

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most guys are just ditching live valve at that point. All the wires for the system are a liability off road. You break one and the truck goes into limp mode.
True....but all you really need to do just in case is pick up the live valve damper module and keep it in your glove box....if something happens off road and you go into limp mode you just have to plug that in (near the master side door close to the OBD port) and you’re good to go.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True....but all you really need to do just in case is pick up the live valve damper module and keep it in your glove box....if something happens off road and you go into limp mode you just have to plug that in (near the master side door close to the OBD port) and you’re good to go.

Yeah, honestly I think having one of those should be a necessity if you plan to off road a live valve truck. Sucker is pretty expensive though and the shocks still wont work as intended. Worst case scenario though is that the solenoid itself gets toasted. Than you need to rebuild or outright new shock.

I have a '19 myself and would be pretty interested to see some solutions on protecting those stinking wires/sensors though.

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, honestly I think having one of those should be a necessity if you plan to off road a live valve truck. Sucker is pretty expensive though and the shocks still wont work as intended. Worst case scenario though is that the solenoid itself gets toasted. Than you need to rebuild or outright new shock.

I have a '19 myself and would be pretty interested to see some solutions on protecting those stinking wires/sensors though.

Agreed!! Live valve is a great concept and all but using this bad boy off-road in its natural habitat can definitely take a toll on those electrical components. Get a damper, keep it handy, and just hope you don’t end up with that rare time it happens clip a wire.

OP
OP
Geoffmp

Geoffmp

Reaction score
Would the Live Valve shocks still function with the damper installed? I'm thinking that the Valve on the shock is receiving a signal from the terrain selector and the control arm sensor to open or close the valve. If the damper is installed blocking/interfering the signal to think the Live valve is still there and let the truck continue to function if you had non-live valve shocks would the valve then be stuck open and make it super soft or stick shut and make it super stiff like when the truck is off and not receiving a signal?