$1800 WTF!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So truck has been sitting at the dealership for a week now waiting on parts for pinion bearing rebuild. Got a great price on some icon leafs, so I jumped on them. I was thinking since the truck is gonna be up in the air anyway might as well see if I could get the leafs swapped out too. Service manager said she would get back to me on price. So I received an email detailing the price for the leaf springs swap. Total $2800 WTF!!! Endurance warranty is already paying for the pinion bearing rebuild $2700 minus my $100 deductible. So now they want $2800 from me. The labor for the leafs were $575 plus parts (which I don't need) and a bunch of random crap they recommend, $1900. Looking forward to talking to them in the morning to see how swapping leaf springs turn into almost $3k in total. I'm pretty handy with tools, you guys think that's something I could knock out in the garage, or leave it to the professionals?

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just swapped mine out. Took me about 3 hours a day for 3 days. There are a couple of great YouTube videos that will walk you through it. As mentioned, you need to cut a bolt to keep from dropping the gas tank. Pro tip - buy a metal cutting blade for your sawzall. Will cut that bolt in about 30 seconds instead of 15 minutes and burning thru 5 blades. It’s a two person job for sure

Panaraptor

Reaction score
So truck has been sitting at the dealership for a week now waiting on parts for pinion bearing rebuild. Got a great price on some icon leafs, so I jumped on them. I was thinking since the truck is gonna be up in the air anyway might as well see if I could get the leafs swapped out too. Service manager said she would get back to me on price. So I received an email detailing the price for the leaf springs swap. Total $2800 WTF!!! Endurance warranty is already paying for the pinion bearing rebuild $2700 minus my $100 deductible. So now they want $2800 from me. The labor for the leafs were $575 plus parts (which I don't need) and a bunch of random crap they recommend, $1900. Looking forward to talking to them in the morning to see how swapping leaf springs turn into almost $3k in total. I'm pretty handy with tools, you guys think that's something I could knock out in the garage, or leave it to the professionals?
$2800!? Wow! I don’t live in the USA anymore, so maybe I’m outdated on prices. I did this job once and I think it took like 4 hours. And we just had floor jacks. Pretty easy job. Wish I could make $2800 that easy.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You almost had to take out a personal loan for some damn leaf springs. Better get some pine needles instead of leaves buddy lol.

Last edited:

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed my Deaver leaf springs in 3 hours. Used a shop hoist, jack, and a pneumatic cutting tool for the front bolts.
Forget the sawzall and the metal blade. Had another set of hands. Straightforward install.