GEN 2 18 Screw white smoke pouring out of both pipes at start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you of all bots cannot be seriously questioning reality. Mrs. “new motor in mid year 2017”.

stop trolling here and leave already.

sl75-is-sasquatch77.jpg

You mean we aren't getting the 5.0...5.2....7.3...whatever else V8 in 2020. Might have to sell mine now. I may have to downgrade to a Dodge. lol

OP
OP
Warhog

Warhog

Reaction score
Soooo....I finally go tonight to pick up my truck get the paperwork I am scanning it and I see turbo seized and blah blah blah I just want to get into my truck and go, I transfer all my crap from my rental and the service manager tells me to drive it around the block to see how it feels. Awesome I start it up put it in drive and there is a check engine light on....I just got out handed the keys back to the manager. I didn’t even know what to say!!!!!

Rapty

Reaction score
I’ve had 2 turbos replaced, valve covers replaced, engine inspected and now the engine was replaced with a new long block. This video was taken 2 days after the engine swap. 10 months of ******** around burning oil and coolant, lousy power and gas mileage. I ordered a new Toyota TRD Pro but when it came in it was so ugly I couldn’t go through with it so I am stuck waiting on a solution for this POS. An engine light is annoying but this is worse lol.

RE Mac

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Raptor with the exact issue. Have brought it in twice but they never could replicate the smoke. Today, I was close to the dealership (quarter mile), I could smell something burning (oil) when I was accelerating and I looked back to a chimney of white smoke. Pulled right into the dealership, left the Raptor running until they got a tech out and he said, “yep, it’s burning oil. You’re going to have to leave it.” No shit Sherlock! I have your ******** a video of it doing this and you made me come back a third time! Either way, they suspect a bad turbo but we’ll see what happens in the next couple days.

RE Mac

Reaction score
Update on this. Turned out not to be the turbo. Ford is ordering a new short block because they bore scoped it and found oil in 2 cylinders. Was down 2.5 quarts of oil after about 2500 miles since last oil change at ford dealer. We’ll see what happens but it’s sounding bad right now