18 SCREW - Water leaking in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlickTrick

Reaction score
has anyone else had a issue with water leaking passed the stripping on the rear doors? I opened my truck this morning after a hard raid and my back is soaked, I opened the otherside ( passenger rear ) slowly and noticed beads of water on the inside door sill. But nothing compared to the drivers side.

OP
OP
SlickTrick

SlickTrick

Reaction score
Maybe the moon roof? Seems to be from the doors though, but I just read a thread on here with a guy questioning wether ordering the pano roof was a good idea... no one really explained what issues their were.. assuming just for flipping it off-road.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think I remember some folks having a moon roof drain tube either clogged, kinked or not hooked up properly.
To paraphrase Obi Wan...

Use the warranty @SlickTrick

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great. I just got a 2018 SCREW myself - was worried about the pano roof myself, posted on here about it, but ultimately I got a 100k warranty & figure almost every "loaded" SCREW F150 has the pano roof, Ford sells a helluva lot of F150s....my guess is the vast majority have no problems....and seems like the problems that were popping up had alot more instances in the 2014-2016 years, that it had more to do w/ the moonroof malfunctioning/getting stuck in a position & the rails failing than it did w/ them leaking.

I do think it is worth checking the moonroof drain tubes - that is a common problem on sunroofs (particularly fords too - my buddy had this issue on a Lincoln LS) - on the other hand very common for ALL trucks to develop a 3rd brake light leak (happened in my Sierra & my buddy's Ram) - also I think it is common for leaks to develop around the sliding rear window and/or the entire glass panel in the rear of the cab.

I will add that in my Sierra at least the water leak from the 3rd brake light was seen around the headliner not the floor - but different truck & depending what angle you were parked on could go any direction I suppose.

Leaks are one of the worst problems IMO on a new vehicle, can really sour the ownership experience, leave you w/ low confidence in the overall build quality, & damage a nice/expensive interior while simultaneously making it stink

On the bright side the trucks made out of AL, won't rust, & you have a warranty.

Tony Raptor

Reaction score
I have water coming in after a Car Wash from bottom, there is all mold on my rear carpets and dealer says my rear cabin vent wasn't seated properly but after taking possession of it there was no difference, still mold growing and water accumlating.. hopefully this won't be a back and forth battle with dealership.