18 in the shop with 175 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im just looking for ideas or info so i know what to expect and so i can't have any wool pulled over my eyes. Heres all i can think of...
- running perfect for 2 days
- filled with 91
- trying to break it in properly , vary rpm , some wot , no lugging
- on the highway in 10th at 60 mph and instantly start losing power. I pull over and slide it into neutral , its barely idling , near 350 rpm. I put it into first and its lurching and stumbling. I can barely get it moving , i leave in first and once i get to about 2,000 it no longer stumbles. As soon as it gets under 1,000 it starts again. Pulling away in first you're sure its going to stall and you baby it till 2,000ish. In 2nd i tried gassing it a bit and no power. It runs like a snow blower with the choke on full.
Dealership says they looked quick and its not ecm or electrical.....

Last edited:

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many engine knowledgable types don't peruse the general forum as much as this one. Im trying to get an idea what it could be.

But if all the info is in one location it's easier for everyone to follow.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this happen after a WOT pull? You could have blown a vacuum or intercooler hose. I assume the check engine light is on. What is the fault code?

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had done a bit of a hit 5 minutes earlier. Was steady at 60 when it shut down. Just a flashing engine light. Ive read a bit about failing throttle bodies , sounds possible.