17 vs 19 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
she’s just going to re-register a new 2nd account. this isn’t her only account here, heck, she could resurrect a few from the old days.

Still... it is satisfying to have the forum back for a while to be able to discuss Raptor things.

Form what I can tell, he/she has multiple accounts created over a span of many months. “They” use them interchangeably to spew their nonsense, often times appearing to agree with themselves to make it sound more believable. It is bizarre and very sad they have nothing better to do than pester good people on forums.

19Stripper

Reaction score
Does sport mode adjust the shock valving (stiffer) as well for more aggressive driving? Heck I can take highway exit ramps at 55 or so in Normal mode and 36/34 psi(cold) tires and no sweat for the truck. If it gets better I want to know!

Yeah it does. It stiffens the suspension and reduces body roll. I can take ramps like a mustang in it and never lose confidence. Definitely a difference.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will do. I will post some tonight. It is snowing right now in Utah and I am too cold to go freeze. BTW: your raptor looks awesome! With the Deaver 3+ does one still us the 2 inch stock rear block?

One of the big advantages of the Deavers is they replace the leafs and the rear blocks giving you a more stable ride and much less axle wrap. The Deaver +2s replace the 2” blocks to give you factory height in the rear. The +3s add one 1” and so on. Some people get the +3s and add longer rear shackles to get back down to the factory height. This allows them to raise the front in the future and balance it out by removing the shackles, instead of buying new leafs.

avalanchegrey

Reaction score
  • Provide data from Ford showing that the 3.0 is replacing the 3.5 - Easy. Look at the Ford and Lincoln website. The 3.5 ecoboost is only available in the f150/Expedition/Navigator. The others switched to the 3.0TT.

• Provide VINs that show a pattern failure of 2019 models with a cam phaser failure that exhibit the same defect that was corrected with the revised part numbers and calibration - Can you not read the cam phaser thread(s)? There is solid proof there if you can mentally digest it.

So, we do have data points, after the supposed ford fix cutoff date, of cam phasers still failing in the new design. There are only two options for the cam phaser:
1) Use @Bhollier special oil additive that coats the parts and the contaminants to stop this issue.
2) Use a cam phaser lockout kit.

Still trolling around?