17 vs 19 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you have your RTT hanging off the side like that?

In reference to the OP, I would go newer. December was a bad month for dealerships in my area. January and February are normally just as bad too. You can get 2020s at or near invoice. So there is not a major difference in buying a low mileage 17-19 model year and what the 2020s cost.
Gives me room for gear or my kayak.

Also, the annex below the RTT hangs down from the hinge. If it was mounted closer to center, it would be draped over the side of the truck.

I might get a set of smaller load bars and mount more in the middle if no kayak or gear and not planning to use the annex. Would be more balanced and streamlined for harder offroading.

In terms of weight, it is no factor. I just load my heavier gear on the other side of the bed. Plus there is me and the gas tank on that side. One of the reasons I went full size vs mid size is so I don't need to think about it as much.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why did someone trade in a ‘19 with 10k miles on it? There are people that trade up when the ashtrays get full. He could have purchased a ‘20 Raptor, he may have found the truck to big for his liking and bought a Prius!

If the truck looks great, drives good and comes with a warranty don’t worry about it. 10k or more off can be a good deal. As many have mentioned it’s a lot newer than the ‘17 and includes improvements from the first year model.

You can always add wheels for cheap. Not the same for shocks, added tech and improvements.

Good luck in what you choose.

D

Deleted member 17706

Gives me room for gear or my kayak.

Also, the annex below the RTT hangs down from the hinge. If it was mounted closer to center, it would be draped over the side of the truck.

I might get a set of smaller load bars and mount more in the middle if no kayak or gear and not planning to use the annex. Would be more balanced and streamlined for harder offroading.

In terms of weight, it is no factor. I just load my heavier gear on the other side of the bed. Plus there is me and the gas tank on that side. One of the reasons I went full size vs mid size is so I don't need to think about it as much.

Okay, gotcha. Lol I have ran a bunch of different RTT set ups throughout the years. I had a set up sorta like yours back in 2015 on my Gen 1. Nowadays I have a Go Fast Camper—way easier than dickering around with zipping and unzipping a tent as it deploys in less than 30 secs.

A28DBACF-EE14-44BE-959B-B21BCFFD1F0E.jpeg

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, gotcha. Lol I have ran a bunch of different RTT set ups throughout the years. I had a set up sorta like yours back in 2015 on my Gen 1. Nowadays I have a Go Fast Camper—way easier than dickering around with zipping and unzipping a tent as it deploys in less than 30 secs.

View attachment 137187
Nice. Was going to do a hard shell for that very reason, but the wider footprint on the rack would have meant no kayak. Or kayak on top, and didn't want that.

It's all about tradeoffs with all this stuff.

14112af328d437d58888f958da3cfeea.jpg

DentalDoc

Reaction score
The Gen 2 wheel offset is NO WHERE a -34. I just removed my 22 x 12 (-44 offset) wheels from my 2018 with a 4 inch Fabtech lift because of rubbing up front. I replaced them on Monday with a set of 22 x 10 (-18 offset) with no rubbing so far. I love the stance and it separates my truck from the hundreds of Raptors in my City. Other mods are a ADD front bumper and lighting.

DentalDoc

Reaction score
The Gen 2 wheel offset is NO WHERE a -34. I just removed my 22 x 12 (-44 offset) wheels from my 2018 with a 4 inch Fabtech lift because of rubbing up front. I replaced them on Monday with a set of 22 x 10 (-18 offset) with no rubbing so far. I love the stance and it separates my truck from the hundreds of Raptors in my City. Other mods are a ADD front bumper and lighting.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The factory offset is a +34, not a -34 on an 8.5” wide wheel. Not sure why anyone would run 22x10s or 22x12s on a Raptor, but please post a few pics so we can see what it looks like at different angles.

DentalDoc

Reaction score
Will do. I will post some tonight. It is snowing right now in Utah and I am too cold to go freeze. BTW: your raptor looks awesome! With the Deaver 3+ does one still us the 2 inch stock rear block?

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where do you come up with this crap? The cam phaser failures are STILL happening well past that date. People getting them replaced well after that date still have the issue return. Don't make false allegations that all is fine... Ford still has not proven they have fixed the cam phaser failure. This is probably another reason this 3.5 engine is being replaced by the 3.0TT everywhere in the lineup.

Once again...you have no data to support your BS claims. False allegations? That all YOU, claiming you have information about this issue with ZERO supporting data. Ford doesn't need to "prove" anything to a forum troll like you who is only here to cause trouble. The SSM was posted multiple times along with the part number and calibration changes. If you don't want to believe it, that's on you. Not that it matters, seeing as you don't even own a Raptor. Stop spreading rumors on here and churning the pot.

Where do you have insight that the 3.0 is replacing the 3.5 "everywhere in the lineup"? You DON'T, you're just talking out of your ass again with zero facts to back anything you say up.

Let's recap:

• Provide data from Ford showing that the 3.0 is replacing the 3.5
  • Provide VINs that show a pattern failure of 2019 models with a cam phaser failure that exhibit the same defect that was corrected with the revised part numbers and calibration
We'll wait, troll.

Last edited: