17 to 21 - Initial impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCFarmRaptor

Reaction score
Thanks- it came on from factory or you ordered it OEM? I had to remove it from my order so as not to hold up my date any further…or atleast was advised to do so from dealer.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the Ford branded version of the RetraxPRO XR. Really happy with the quality and fitment.
Is the Ford version an MX version or XR. Never saw anywhere where it listed the T rail on the Ford version like the XR version

Last edited:

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 and 37 are almost identical weight - 37x12.50R17/C 116S RBL 64.84 lb and LT315/70R17/C 113/110S RBL 64.4 lb
Really? 37 and 35 have the same weight ? The suspension parts were stiffened for no reason? The mpg on 37 is lower by 2 just because the tire size is up by 2? Is it only the weight that makes a difference or the moment of inertia ?? Is the earth flat ? It feels like it

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? 37 and 35 have the same weight ? The suspension parts were stiffened for no reason? The mpg on 37 is lower by 2 just because the tire size is up by 2? Is it only the weight that makes a difference or the moment of inertia ?? Is the earth flat ? It feels like it

According to BFGs website it’s just over a pound of difference. However the 37 comes standard with the beadlocks and those (at least with the Gen 2s) are about 5 or 6 pounds heavier than the cast wheels. Not a ton of weight difference but you add that weight difference along with the bigger tire circumstance and I can see it dropping MPGs.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya - Ford version of the XR. Has the same T Rail. I ordered separately to avoid any delivery issues.
Well damn... wished I knew that and found that out. Oh well. Dealer got the Retrax version ordered and installed will basically be same cost as what Ford was charging for one from the factory.

Owspeed

Reaction score
BBF18F11-5320-48D3-812C-64DA5D6605A8.jpegHave you ridden in or driven a Gen2 with deavers, if so how does it compare?
I spent quite a bit of time in my buddies 2020 GEN 2 with Devers in the back. His spring set is +2 or +3 which I think is set up for a few hundred pounds of static load (camp racks, shell or lots of spaces wheels and tools, so a bit firmer than stock without a load. Also has all of the fox upgrades for the electronic suspension. Last time I just drove it over a wind email to Rode he did have a 500 pound motorcycle in the back so that should’ve helped offset the load.

The GEN three rides noticeably better. I will also qualify that almost 900 miles of my testing had about 200 or 300 pounds of IKEA boxes in the back of the bed. When I unloaded it last night and took it for a spin again it definitely was a bit bouncier and firmer.

Last edited: