17 Shelby Raptor Sold at Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? You don't think that the performance of the GT-R or GT350 could be bettered by someone building something based on a used car? Who said anything about starting with a new 5.0L Mustang? After all, Sage has a '12 model Raptor that he'd be starting with in the original example. I think that bettering the performance of a GT350 would be absurdly easy if you started with a 1-2 year old 5.0L Mustang. A blower setup, big brakes, and some high end shocks/suspension would get you there... and leave you plenty of budget for stuff like a cage to stiffen the chassis and give you a place to attach proper 5-point harnesses.

Anything is possible and can be done "cheaply". Kids put 1,000 hp in $2,000 Civics. Just because you can, doesn't mean it is a good idea. The resale value of all those upgrades on an old truck is about the same as burning money in your driveway. But yes, if you want to flog a truck in the desert without a care in the world, a tuned beater setup is the way to go and simply treat it as a disposable vehicle.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the company that adds the "Shelby" enhancements. They make a lot of terrible looking trucks on their own. From what I can tell it's mostly aftermarket parts they add. Whipple tune, Fox DSC shocks and so on, and the 40 odd some Shelby badges. The Shelby name is getting pretty bastardized since Carroll died in 2012. Although to be honest that was his original formula back in 1962 with the AC Cobra's. He took a little English sports car and dropped some good old america iron in it.

I'm curious what they do with all the new parts they pull off the trucks, hoods, shocks, wheels, bumpers & seat covers. I might stop by and ask out of curiosity.

Mike

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the company that adds the "Shelby" enhancements. They make a lot of terrible looking trucks on their own. From what I can tell it's mostly aftermarket parts they add. Whipple tune, Fox DSC shocks and so on, and the 40 odd some Shelby badges. The Shelby name is getting pretty bastardized since Carroll died in 2012. Although to be honest that was his original formula back in 1962 with the AC Cobra's. He took a little English sports car and dropped some good old america iron in it.

I'm curious what they do with all the new parts they pull off the trucks, hoods, shocks, wheels, bumpers & seat covers. I might stop by and ask out of curiosity.

Mike

I thought Shelby American Inc. was still making the Shelby addition Raptor? Tuscany teamed up with Shelby American at some point in 2014 or 2015 to create the Shelby F150, but I thought the Raptor was still "upgraded" at Shelby?

ETA: It's a shame regardless what has been done the Shelby heritage.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Shelby American Inc. was still making the Shelby addition Raptor? Tuscany teamed up with Shelby American at some point in 2014 or 2015 to create the Shelby F150, but I thought the Raptor was still "upgraded" at Shelby?

ETA: It's a shame regardless what has been done the Shelby heritage.

Nope, they are converted in the heart of RV Country...Elkhart Indiana. You think the Raptor is bad...Look at this god awful thing. I really shouldn't bitch about it, they are creating jobs in my area. I'm surprised there are folks out there that buys these trucks.

17stspic1.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, they are converted in the heart of RV Country...Elkhart Indiana. You think the Raptor is bad...Look at this god awful thing. I really shouldn't bitch about it, they are creating jobs in my area. I'm surprised there are folks out there that buys these trucks.

17stspic1.jpg

Mike

Learned something new today. Been to Elkhart several times. I didn't realize they started building the Raptors as well. That's just sad.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

17stspic1.jpg

Mike

ugly yes, but 750hp i believe

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

that's not true at all. a gt-r is an amazing deal for the money and so is a gt350. they are built that way at the factory and if you can get one for sticker they are a steal for the engineered performance that you get. good luck building something from a 5.0 mustang that matches the all-around performance of a gt350 for only about 15-20 grand.

on the other hand, a shelby raptor or f-150 is a complete rip-off. it is an expensive truck that is modified off-site where a bunch of crap is removed and replaced, repainted, etc. you are essentially paying for the brand new truck and then for all additional parts + work of removing and adding everything (and you don't get to keep all the original stuff they remove). not nearly as efficient as building it as a shelby from the factory and the price tag shows it. if you are going to go that route, it makes more sense to take your truck to a specialty performance shop, you'll get a lot more bang for the buck.

the only plus side is the warranty, not sure if it's a full 3 year/36K bumber-to-bumper though.

yes, 3yr/36k bumper to bumper