Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RapticalGear

Reaction score
Hello all,

New here and seeking advice on a 2013 SVT I’ll be checking out tomorrow in DMV area. The Raptor has 162,000 miles and is selling for $28,500. I know the mileage is high, but with how many miles you can get out of this thing, is it worth it?

This is all pre-inspection of course. Pictures looks good, but it could be a rust bucket underneath. I’m making sure to check for corner can rust, power steering, shocks, and a few other things I’ve found here and abroad. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would do a car guru's search. Around Philly that price and miles are pretty easy to get. There are a few in that price range with a lot less miles. Used truck prices are insane. In 2019 I paid 42 for my 2013 with 40,000 miles. Check it over good, they are a well built truck. Good luck with the search.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Email me at brianwpark@gmail, I’ll send a custom PPI checklist I made specifically for the Gen1. My 2 cents… think your paying too much. The mileage is at the point where you may have to replace a lot of suspension related parts.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but even if it were at 100k, the upper arms and lower balljoints , shock rebuild, All fluids serviced ext. …. Should be or are ready to be replaced anyway. I do think that price is a tad high, but not crazy high. My main concern would be the state of the engine, and rust. If those check out and you feel comfortable with purchasing then go ahead. But “citizen park” is right. With that mileage , things WILL need to be addressed at that mileage

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and I just rolled 160k mileage. The price is actually in book. Big things to check are rocker panel rust, shocks (should have been rebuilt a few times by now), heated and cooled seat function, sunroof for leaks and creaks, power sliding rear for function

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and I just rolled 160k mileage. The price is actually in book. Big things to check are rocker panel rust, shocks (should have been rebuilt a few times by now), heated and cooled seat function, sunroof for leaks and creaks, power sliding rear for function

Agreed.

I definitely took a chance with mine, but no rust in the northeast sold me lol. 2013 here and im approaching 180k still running great. I am getting ready to do some suspension work(not needed work) have been doing fluid changes slowly with the power steering/trans cooler upgrades.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Agreed.

I definitely took a chance with mine, but no rust in the northeast sold me lol. 2013 here and im approaching 180k still running great. I am getting ready to do some suspension work(not needed work) have been doing fluid changes slowly with the power steering/trans cooler upgrades.
The way I look at it, buying one at 150k+ is an easy excuse to just buy a mid travel kit with it haha