16" Dirty Deeds installed today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an idiot and can't seem to make the clip in my earlier post work. I don't know that the exhaust makes any quantifiable difference with HP gains. I seem to recall that 3'ish horsepower difference is all you would expect from something like this.

Mine is loud, even for the 24" because of the headers. I don't know a way to keep it quiet with long tube headers, although the stock exhaust was better. The DD exhaust sounds badass at WOT but is fairly tame in town.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From stock I had a Borla 40349 muffler welded in and retained the stock behind the back axle tubing and exit. It sounded great, rumbling idle, fairly tame even @ WOT, but with an annoying bit of drone @ 75-85 on the highway. I had my exhaust guy, who'd never heard of a Helmholtz Resonator, build a 24"x 3" pipe and weld it in after removing the factory resonator. It eliminated the drone completely and I was happy for 3 years or so. I've been looking @ the 24" DD for a while and pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. The increase from the Borla to the 24" DD is about the same as from stock to the Borla. The 24" DD has a great bark at start up and when idling, sounds great @ WOT and rumbles pleasantly in the background @ 75-85 on the interstate with ZERO drone. On a steep interstate grade, under load you can't miss the increased rumble but even then I can hear the radio fine if it's at 20%+ volume and conversations aren't impacted at all whether over bluetooth or to someone in the truck. My wife is pretty sensitive about loud exhaust and to be honest they wear on me if I'm going on a 2+ hour trip. I don't believe the 24" DD will ever be problematic for either of us. Although it is significantly louder than stock and dumps in front of the rear wheel the sound has a pleasantly deep rumble, not intrusive. The increase in volume was my main concern and I cannot recommend the Borla 40349 highly enough if this is a major concern. But, at 60 years old and with my wife and I sensitive to loud noise or background drone at any volume, I should have gotten the 24" DD sooner it sounds amazing and is exactly loud enough. Oh, I'm using an MBRP T5156BLK tip similar to what Hazmat has and I like it. The tip is 3" ID inlet, 4" outlet, double wall black and 10" long. I ended up cutting about 4" off the DD tube and mounted the MBRP tip oriented exactly like Hazmat's picture. After cutting the DD tubing, about 3.5" of the MBRP sticks out from under the truck and you can't see the built-in clamp where it attaches to the DD tubing. I'm loving it. Still love the 24" DD but bought a like new Corsa Xtreme w/Black Tip that was a take-off from a guy selling his Raptor and am running it now. The Cross is super aggressive on cold start-ups, raspy at big throttle in town and as quiet as stock on the highway. The DD experience crushes the Cross around town and as a daily driver but is a fairly loud @ 75-80 on the highway, especially if climbing any grade, or if towing. I plan to modify the Cross to a Lightning exit soon.

Last edited:

Runnhyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where do I sigh up for mine?? Where is the best price available should I go direct to the website or just pm you an order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runnhyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent out a pm and got an almost immediate response. Got a great price quote and some awesome input from them on different options and needs for my application. Haven't placed the order yet but will definitely be ordering one! Thanks to Jon, Chris and everyone else at the crown off-road team keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk