GEN 1 14 Stock front springs have snapped, replace with OEM or upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my stock shocks rebuilt by Forged Off-road they had a clause that they inspect the shaft to see if they need replaced. i would assume most shops have a similar "depends" clause.

Yeh, I will probably rebuild the shocks. But I will get them modified, for the different in weight for running 37' c/w flutter stack.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear more about this as well.

Gearing up to order coils and leafs. In theory the progressive Giesers would be softer on small imperfections on pavement over the linear Eibach?

Like others have mentioned my E rated K02s ride like bricks even at ~36psi but the tread life has been impressive.

I will get back to you tonight after I play air pressure in the tires and go for a drive. But to tell you truth, in the short time I have had the springs.....I am thinking Mid perch already because how soft the ride is.....

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
Why not go ahead and get the shock rebuilt now while they are out and springs are off?
I had all 4 of mine on my Gen 1 rebuilt at 60k miles. I found a local shop that took my truck, sent them out to there guy and it was like new. 40k on my Gen 2 now..... they seam fine!

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I've heard the Geisers shine offroad but you feel more of the bumps on the pavement compared to stock. Not the case in your opinion? We have some crappy roads here and I do not want to feel more of the pavement cracks/potholes
The Geisers are simply progressive but are also 2.5” longer than stock. Because they are progressive and the coils are spaced farther apart at the beginning of travel, they do in fact ride softer over bumps that do not lead to much compression.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear more about this as well.

Gearing up to order coils and leafs. In theory the progressive Giesers would be softer on small imperfections on pavement over the linear Eibach?

Like others have mentioned my E rated K02s ride like bricks even at ~36psi but the tread life has been impressive.
Yes. However, length of spring plays a factor, as well as perch setting, because amount of preload influences ride characteristics as well.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must also add that the Geiser springs are far from an end all, be all. I had the Geiser springs and blew out 2 sets of OEM shocks. Yes, the springs are definitely superior to stock, but 3.0 shocks are a far more noticeable difference. I say save the $600 and upgrade the shocks. It’ll increase the value of your truck.