GEN 1 14 Stock front springs have snapped, replace with OEM or upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thekiwi

Reaction score
So both my front springs have somehow bit the dust, basically debating between replacing with OEM or going with the Eibach +3 springs. Truck currently has 60k miles on it, and suspension is completely stock at present. Will probably look at rebuilding shocks around 75k if that makes a difference.

It obviously lifts the front, but will there be an increase in the max height of the truck? There's a parking garage I have to fit into and only have a couple of inches to spare!

Any other pros or cons? Thanks.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's got to be a metallurgical issue, something in the batch. I would love to see pics of the springs when you get them off.

If you have a couple inches to spare geisers would do it for you.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couple things. Any time I break something I take it as an excuse/chance to upgrade. Go with the Eibachs.
Also, you are at 60k miles and due for a shock rebuild anyway. Save yourself some time and rebuild the shocks when you do the springs. You have to pull them anyway.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just install new OEM shocks rear and front c/w Geiser spring on the bottom perch on my 13. One word awesome.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, the answer to your question is, I found the ride better than my OEM on low and mid perch. The truck handles better at high speeds on and off road, especially in the corners. I have just ordered 37 KO2 boots and will be getting them installed on Friday, I cant wait to see how the ride is like and how it handles then. I never did like the E load KO2.