130k+ miles. 2017. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott9310

Reaction score
Hello,

After some research on this forum its clear I am not alone on this issue. Wish I joined the forum when I got the truck at 28k miles, but here we are at 130k miles at this point. It has had its various issues including chasing the rattle as people have mentioned. The latest issue is after getting brand new cam phasers and dealership telling me both rattle noises resolved... took it home, after driving it lightly for a week it died. got it towed to dealership and they say new long block is needed. A lot of money into this truck and not under warranty at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• _DSC0893.JPG
    _DSC0893.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott9310

Scott9310

Reaction score
I am not car tech oriented as well as I wish so pardon any confusion. This threw codes related to misfires back in january, and has had new starters multiple times that they blamed it on. Complaint was rattle noise on cold start; cause and correction: "replaced 4 vtc phasers, also noticed very loud grinding/ rattle from bellhousing. removed starter and found teeth chewed up and ground down. gear not retracting on starter. replaced starter and verified both rattle concerns gone....vehicle had camshaft position b bank 1 circuit and cyl 6 Misfire in PCM. If codes returned, rec sensor and pigtail as well as coil boots and plugs." that was the last visit before taking it home.

OP
OP
Scott9310

Scott9310

Reaction score
The phasers cost $5k. they drove <500 miles after being replaced before the truck died on highway while accelerating. they told me it has nothing to do with the new phasers. but to get the truck back on the road it needs a long block at my cost.

OP
OP
Scott9310

Scott9310

Reaction score
Also with it being only 1 week out from the new phasers, after breaking down and opening the engine bay the coolant was low which was abnormal as little as I know looking at the engine.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother. The Ford V10 in our class A threw a rod and made a window in the block last year. Engine had 54k. So far, after 9 months this has cost me $10k for a reman engine I picked up from a core charge scam company out of LA. Plus whatever the scumbag repair shop is going to charge for labor after lying to me for 9 months. It’s going to be $18-20k by the time i am done not counting loss of utility and other costs. Already hired an attorney…

Personally if my 3.5EB in the rap goes I am going to buy an aluminator crate and whipple it…I figured rather than wasting $5k on “fixing” the cam phasers for the problem to come back again. No offense intended.