130k+ miles. 2017. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I have had the oil pan replaced twice in the history of the vehicle so that very may well be an underlying cause for an issue as well, after you mentioned it.
Yea luckily there was no fight becuase it failed under his ESP. However, they saw the RTV issues once it was torn down. If he didnt have ESP that was going to cover it, it may have been a fight with the dealer because this was probably a year or more after the oil pan was done. It just took the right conditions to make it happen on an off road run.

OP
OP
Scott9310

Scott9310

Reaction score
Update... Got it towed from first dealership to a second one. Second one identified that the cams should not have been the route to take(didnt matter and will be hard to make a case)... Investigated and found busted piston inside cylinder 6... Replaced Long Block, both Turbos, Exhaust Manifolds, and all Hardware and Gaskets. $11k out the door. Been driving it for 1 week now.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang.. what an ordeal. I hope this new block last a long time for you. Just my personal advice on new long blocks I would change my oil after 500 miles or maybe even sooner..