-12 Offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DAS RPTR

Reaction score
@Nex I think is on to part of your issue. I can’t see the load rating, but those are KO2’s. If they’re the stock C load range, the psi makes a big difference in compliance - and economy but that’s a secondary concern to traction. Check for the “load range” on the tire sidewall, make sure you’re campaigning Load range C tires. The E range tires will work, but the ride will not be as compliant.

The door placard and manual say 38 x 38 psi. Raptor Assault recommend I think 32 x 28 psi Front to rear for mixed use off roading with some street travel. I like about 35 x 33 or 32 front to rear for street biased driving with some off road. Any higher and I get a rougher ride, more suspension impact from smaller obstacles and more disruption to forward motion over broken terrain. I don’t like over 36F and 34R cold because of uneven wear; the middle of the tire will wear a lot faster. And if I’m going to be spending more time off road, I’ll drop psi further - 33 / 30 in and around the beach and I’ll drop it for sand use.

The ‘construction sites’ use case concerns me. Yes, I know that a lot of the construction sites will permit use of even street vehicles but there are also sites that are ‘unimproved’ and can be quite rough. I’d be a bit concerned with less than zero offset.

Our supporting vendors here are great for getting our trucks set up with new shoes. give one of them a shout and see what shakes out.
Thank you for the guidance. Lowered pressure and she rides beautifully

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the truck world. I bought some -12 offset to get a more aggressive stance on my Raptor. Ride quality has diminished to a level I find aggravating, but looks so good . Can a -12 offset really affect ride quality that much? Is anyone else running an aggressive offset that can contribute their feedback? I’m tempted to go back to the stock beadlocks
I was going to go the same route once I have my truck for the stance. 17x9 6x135 -12 on stock tires. They also have a +1. When you say ride quality has diminished... what exactly has diminished? Does it pop up more on bumps, shake or vibrate, stiffness, turning, flexing. Funny thing is there is a pic of supposed 18x9 +1 aftermarket wheels posted by pacific wheel in another thread with looks to be some nitto ridge grapplers with an aggressive stance very similar to yours or 1.8" poke. Attached pic for reference. I had asked them tire size to see how they achieved that stance with a +1 offset. But yet to find out the exact specs. But if that is a +1... maybe compromise... you still get an agressive stance... but also sucks to buy another set of wheels. Your post is helpful though as to my decision... but still not decided on offset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-054815_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-054815_Chrome.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 37

sweatnblood

Reaction score
Thank you for the guidance. Lowered pressure and she rides beautifully
So end result would be in your opinion…happy with -12 or wished you went -1? I'm about to pull the trigger on some red ones and was about to go-12 as well. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
D

DAS RPTR

Reaction score
So end result would be in your opinion…happy with -12 or wished you went -1? I'm about to pull the trigger on some red ones and was about to go-12 as well. Thanks in advance
I’m back on stock wheels with KO2s… go with a 0 or -1.

CarolinaBuilt

Reaction score
New to the truck world. I bought some -12 offset to get a more aggressive stance on my Raptor. Ride quality has diminished to a level I find aggravating, but looks so good . Can a -12 offset really affect ride quality that much? Is anyone else running an aggressive offset that can contribute their feedback? I’m tempted to go back to the stock beadlocks
I saw your photo and your truck looks amazing. I had an F 150 I had lifted 3 inches and was running a -12 offset with 33’s and it looked great. I loved it but it was a 2013 and had almost 300k miles on it. Been wanting a Raptor for a while so I took the plunge

Just bought 2022 Gen 3 and it has 35 inch tires. Im going to change the wheels but keep 17’s. I’ll run the 35’s until they need replacing and then go up to 37’s. Trying to determine what to do on offset and if I needs lift.

I like the more aggressive stance of around -12 but wanted to know…..

A. If it will effect the performance of the truck off-road as others state. It seems like it will

B. what’s widest offset I can get away with and still have it ride and perform the way if feels from the factory. Yes I want it to look good but I don’t wan to sacrifice performance

C. Do I need a lift to add 37’s without rubbing. If so, how many inches

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
A. If it will effect the performance of the truck off-road as others state. It seems like it will

B. what’s widest offset I can get away with and still have it ride and perform the way if feels from the factory. Yes I want it to look good but I don’t wan to sacrifice performance

C. Do I need a lift to add 37’s without rubbing. If so, how many inches

First, welcome to FRF. Make a new thread to introduce yourself and post pictures of your truck.

A. Yes. But people do it all the time.

B. A good amount of upper control arms require a zero offset wheel. I wouldn't go with a negative offset, but that's just me. I am running a zero on my Gen 2. Either stock or zero offset would be the 2 choices. Please don't Carolina squat a Raptor.

C. Depends on what you do for question B. I'll let the Gen 3 crew give you a more detailed answer here.

CarolinaBuilt

Reaction score
First, welcome to FRF. Make a new thread to introduce yourself and post pictures of your truck.

A. Yes. But people do it all the time.

B. A good amount of upper control arms require a zero offset wheel. I wouldn't go with a negative offset, but that's just me. I am running a zero on my Gen 2. Either stock or zero offset would be the 2 choices. Please don't Carolina squat a Raptor.

C. Depends on what you do for question B. I'll let the Gen 3 crew give you a more detailed answer here.
Thanks very much. That helps guide me.

I would NEVER Carolina squat my Raptor or anything for that matter. It’s probably the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen done to a truck and is a blight on our great state. Luckily we’ve seen less and less of it as SC has now made it illegal. Out of the country but I’ll post photo when I get back. Truck has stock wheels which are just awful.

thinking Fuel Rebel’s. Anyone have any others they would recommend ?