-12 Offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
-12 offset seems a bit excessive to me, but it's not my truck. Does yours have a lift? Mid perch? The big thing to watch out for, as was already mentioned, is rubbing the fenders.

OP
OP
D

DAS RPTR

Reaction score
-12 offset seems a bit excessive to me, but it's not my truck. Does yours have a lift? Mid perch? The big thing to watch out for, as was already mentioned, is rubbing the fenders.
Stock height. Suspension just feels
“Compressed”. You feel everything

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Road trips, construction sites and camping

What are your tire pressures set at? What is the tire rating?

@Nex I think is on to part of your issue. I can’t see the load rating, but those are KO2’s. If they’re the stock C load range, the psi makes a big difference in compliance - and economy but that’s a secondary concern to traction. Check for the “load range” on the tire sidewall, make sure you’re campaigning Load range C tires. The E range tires will work, but the ride will not be as compliant.

The door placard and manual say 38 x 38 psi. Raptor Assault recommend I think 32 x 28 psi Front to rear for mixed use off roading with some street travel. I like about 35 x 33 or 32 front to rear for street biased driving with some off road. Any higher and I get a rougher ride, more suspension impact from smaller obstacles and more disruption to forward motion over broken terrain. I don’t like over 36F and 34R cold because of uneven wear; the middle of the tire will wear a lot faster. And if I’m going to be spending more time off road, I’ll drop psi further - 33 / 30 in and around the beach and I’ll drop it for sand use.

The ‘construction sites’ use case concerns me. Yes, I know that a lot of the construction sites will permit use of even street vehicles but there are also sites that are ‘unimproved’ and can be quite rough. I’d be a bit concerned with less than zero offset.

Our supporting vendors here are great for getting our trucks set up with new shoes. give one of them a shout and see what shakes out.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on -12 for a while. I've never noticed any issues on my gen 1 or gen 2. I may go to a 0 offset though, because I may make the jump to 37's. Maybe next spring, where I'll be going with larger fenders at the same time.

OP
OP
D

DAS RPTR

Reaction score
@Nex I think is on to part of your issue. I can’t see the load rating, but those are KO2’s. If they’re the stock C load range, the psi makes a big difference in compliance - and economy but that’s a secondary concern to traction. Check for the “load range” on the tire sidewall, make sure you’re campaigning Load range C tires. The E range tires will work, but the ride will not be as compliant.

The door placard and manual say 38 x 38 psi. Raptor Assault recommend I think 32 x 28 psi Front to rear for mixed use off roading with some street travel. I like about 35 x 33 or 32 front to rear for street biased driving with some off road. Any higher and I get a rougher ride, more suspension impact from smaller obstacles and more disruption to forward motion over broken terrain. I don’t like over 36F and 34R cold because of uneven wear; the middle of the tire will wear a lot faster. And if I’m going to be spending more time off road, I’ll drop psi further - 33 / 30 in and around the beach and I’ll drop it for sand use.

The ‘construction sites’ use case concerns me. Yes, I know that a lot of the construction sites will permit use of even street vehicles but there are also sites that are ‘unimproved’ and can be quite rough. I’d be a bit concerned with less than zero offset.

Our supporting vendors here are great for getting our trucks set up with new shoes. give one of them a shout and see what shakes out.
Tires hot were at 41psi. Cold 36/37. I dropped down to 30 just to see if there is a difference in ride quality. I’ll report back after driving tomorrow