-12 Offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAS RPTR

Reaction score
New to the truck world. I bought some -12 offset to get a more aggressive stance on my Raptor. Ride quality has diminished to a level I find aggravating, but looks so good . Can a -12 offset really affect ride quality that much? Is anyone else running an aggressive offset that can contribute their feedback? I’m tempted to go back to the stock beadlocks

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Fuel D786 17x9 6x135 +1mm for my 2019 this morning thanks to ApolloOptics. They were also available in a -12. Was specifically told not to get the -12’s as they wouldn’t fit properly and would interfere with the suspension.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
New to the truck world. I bought some -12 offset to get a more aggressive stance on my Raptor. Ride quality has diminished to a level I find aggravating, but looks so good . Can a -12 offset really affect ride quality that much? Is anyone else running an aggressive offset that can contribute their feedback? I’m tempted to go back to the stock beadlocks

Welcome to FRF.
#PicturesOrItsAprius

so the stock offset on the 17x8.5” wheels is +34mm so your new wheels are sticking out at least 1.8” from stock. If you went with wider wheels, closer to 2"

That’s a pretty significant change to the truck stance, probably inducing more strain on the suspension components, and definitely causing some different handling characteristics.

If it’s not lifted and trimmed, the tires are going to rub on compression, possibly even hitting the fender flares. Trimming may be needed to ensure you aren’t getting rubbing at varying degrees of steering input.

Most of the FRF stick to zero offset and over. IIRC, you need at least +12mm (?) to not have difficulty with the stock tires and I believe the ’19 and up trucks are a little more forgiving due to the higher front end.

I’m running Motegi wheels, 17x8.5” +18mm and they do stick out a bit more than stock but I’ve not had any rubbing issues.

So, what does this all mean? It depends on what you want from the truck. If you’re only posing at starbucks, you can get by. If you ever go off road, you will regret your wheel choice. Well... off road meaning more serious than unpaved roads to get to a campground :)

Good luck!

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-12 is pretty aggressive offset, I wouldn't even want to hit a speed bump at speed with those set up. :driver:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
#PicturesOrItsAprius

so the stock offset on the 17x8.5” wheels is +34mm so your new wheels are sticking out at least 1.8” from stock. If you went with wider wheels, closer to 2"

That’s a pretty significant change to the truck stance, probably inducing more strain on the suspension components, and definitely causing some different handling characteristics.

If it’s not lifted and trimmed, the tires are going to rub on compression, possibly even hitting the fender flares. Trimming may be needed to ensure you aren’t getting rubbing at varying degrees of steering input.

Most of the FRF stick to zero offset and over. IIRC, you need at least +12mm (?) to not have difficulty with the stock tires and I believe the ’19 and up trucks are a little more forgiving due to the higher front end.

I’m running Motegi wheels, 17x8.5” +18mm and they do stick out a bit more than stock but I’ve not had any rubbing issues.

So, what does this all mean? It depends on what you want from the truck. If you’re only posing at starbucks, you can get by. If you ever go off road, you will regret your wheel choice. Well... off road meaning more serious than unpaved roads to get to a campground :)

Good luck!
Good call mentioning the 2019+ being more forgiving. I forgot to mention that ApolloOptics also told me before placing my order that they wouldn’t fit 2017-2018 Raptors but would if I had the 2019 which I do.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get an alignment and make sure you aren’t contacting the fenders when pushing it offroad and you’ll be fine…

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Post up some pictures of said prius.

Welcome to FRF.
#PicturesOrItsAprius

Good luck!

This is solid advice. What is your intended use?