Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

+12 offset (or more) 17-18" black wheels ?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by PCDan, Nov 4, 2018.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. PCDan

PCDan Full Access Member

My new 2018 will be here in a few weeks. Looking for +12 or more offset 17-18" wheels so the tire will be flush to slightly inside the flare lip.

I'm SO tired of all the mud and snow roost flying up all over my truck from 0 offset 8.5 wide Methods on my 13. There are a few +6 wheels like Fuel and Icon, but that's not really much difference than 0 offset.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. 8WOOD

8WOOD Full Access Member

VENOMREX 17' and 20' wheels, 18 inch methods have a +12 offset, some fuel wheels are a good start.

3. PCDan

PCDan Full Access Member

I see that the 18" Methods have a +18 offset on a 9" wide wheel. That wheel with a full inch more backspace would be about 1/2 inch in from my 0 offset 8.5 wide wheels. That size would be better, but after my last Methods I'm not a fan.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  4. Agent 00 L

Agent 00 L Full Access Member

Get the PDP Mudflaps, unless you just want new wheels.

They make a HUGE difference.

5. Jeff302

Jeff302 Member

Not exactly +12, but I went with the American Outlaw Lonestar from Discount Tire. 17x8.5", +10mm, gloss black, 26.4 lbs, 2,500 load capacity, and only $120 a pop. 1 year finish warranty and lifetime structural. If you like the style, hard to beat the specs for the price. Cap not installed yet in the picture, but you can find that on Discount Tire or American Outlaw websites.

20181130_181737.jpg

6. tomahawk

tomahawk Full Access Member

american eagles have a positive 8 offset and are 9 inches wide and made in america unlike methods ae.jpg american eagle wheels.jpg

BenBB likes this.
  7. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

I have those AE 012s in gray. They are hub centric and use stock lugs.

Unfortunately, I don't think those AE 012 "Raptor spec" wheels are available anymore. Too bad, they were by far the best reasonably priced wheel available. Everyone just had to "me too" and buy the chi-com made, lug-centric Methods instead.

BenBB likes this.
  8. tomahawk

they are not available anymore?

9. Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Eagle closed the doors. Sold their factories to Wheel Pros (Moto Metal, XD etc...). I always liked that Eagle was made in the US but every single design was just a copy of someone else's wheel. As a company they were a mess. Near impossible to communicate with anyone there. Wheel Pros is talking about starting some US manufacturing but nothing concrete yet.

10. tomahawk

well that sucks, glad i snagged them when i did and will keep them forever and put them on a future gen 2 truck, hard to find 9 inch wide wheels with a positive offset in 17 inch