12 next to a 17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Aaron, it is RAPTERROR! He has been talking crap bout our trucks, something he does not have! Now that one of his buddies get's banned he wants to make sure we aren't picking on them, no matter what they have said! Kinda reminds me of the THANKFULLY out going president and his cronies, talk all the shit they want and lie all they want, just don't call them out! YEA YEA, I know RAPTERROR, 7 weeks. Now, off to get breakfast in my Raptor and back on topic.

Last edited:

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Interesting question. Here's another; Wasn't this thread about side by sides of the generations and not your off-topic ********?

Well I know the topic wasn't about 5.4's. It's never about 5.4's :lol2:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I mean yeah, it is. RaptERROR just doesn't understand FRF any more than he understands what it's like to sit in a Raptor. I think he'll get both. I think there's hope for the little guy here. We just have to keep slapping him in the head till he gets it. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

This was a good thread at first

It really was. I'm kinda bummed about the turn its taken.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe somebody else got pics to right the ship.

Dear little 6lb 5oz baby jesus, we ask that you please send us more side by side pictures of Raptors to save us from this thread derail...

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen maybe 3-4 bans in my years on this forum. @6.2 @randy_m @17Jake. We own this place and the Gen 2 section is a sub forum of Ford Raptor Forum. Gen 2 guys could learn a lot if they really tried to see what this place is about. We have all contributed a shit ton of Raptor/off reading knowledge as well as helped several members in need, charities and even made a little boys birthday wish come true who's mom joined to ask us if we could show up because he loves Raptors. The place is great if you get to know it.

Sorry @_M_ forget your old screen name

Seriously? You're not the first person here to somehow make a connection in your mind that randym is me. I guess because there's an m in my user name that's how you have made the logical conclusion he must be me. This versus looking at my join date and some of my old posts to see that I actually owned a G1. I think if I got banned from a forum, the last thing I would do is use any part of a previous user name to identify myself so I could hopefully reset and establish myself as a contributing member.

What's going on here is really no different than many forums I've been part of where new models are released and some of the previous gen owners look for anything they can to dismiss the new model, or to argue why their model is still better.

People keep making the point, as you did, about how great a place this is and how much knowledge exists here. I agree, that's why I joined before I bought my 13 to gain some of the knowledge to help me make an informed decision. What I see now, and it started some time ago, henceforth Birdmans original post, is a primary focus on dismissing G2 owners or future owners by either directly attacking the owner, their post, or the G2. Then that turns into G2 owners doing the same. Then that turned into Birdmans post, then Raptizzles later post, and since no action has really been taken to clean things up the standard is to make each thread a big ol' cluster like this one. The lack of action in the past was warranted since the arguments weren't really about the trucks themselves, but other things that didn't take away from the community. The banter now takes away from the overall Raptor community.

Hopefully things will change.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Seriously? You're not the first person here to somehow make a connection in your mind that randym is me. I guess because there's an m in my user name that's how you have made the logical conclusion he must be me. This versus looking at my join date and some of my old posts to see that I actually owned a G1. I think if I got banned from a forum, the last thing I would do is use any part of a previous user name to identify myself so I could hopefully reset and establish myself as a contributing member.

What's going on here is really no different than many forums I've been part of where new models are released and some of the previous gen owners look for anything they can to dismiss the new model, or to argue why their model is still better.

People keep making the point, as you did, about how great a place this is and how much knowledge exists here. I agree, that's why I joined before I bought my 13 to gain some of the knowledge to help me make an informed decision. What I see now, and it started some time ago, henceforth Birdmans original post, is a primary focus on dismissing G2 owners or future owners by either directly attacking the owner, their post, or the G2. Then that turns into G2 owners doing the same. Then that turned into Birdmans post, then Raptizzles later post, and since no action has really been taken to clean things up the standard is to make each thread a big ol' cluster like this one. The lack of action in the past was warranted since the arguments weren't really about the trucks themselves, but other things that didn't take away from the community. The banter now takes away from the overall Raptor community.

Hopefully things will change.

You will never see the banter from gen1 owners in legit gen2 threads so the type of people we want around here will not be turned off. It's been said a thousand times, so I don't expect this to sink in.... But it's not the truck we dislike, it's the people that have come here because of the truck. The majority of gen2 fans just do not seem to fit in with the FRF community.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Gilligan cmon there is plenty of dislike for this truck, but I do feel there are more people coming around each day more info and real world feedback comes in.

You going to order a G2 now?

And, although I don't expect it to sink in, there are just as many G1 owner/wannabes being jagoffs as there is G2 owners/wannabes being jagoffs. Would be good if we could clean up both sides