12 next to a 17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally hope you never get rid of your Gen 1 brother. It's just a nice sight to see the new and the old coexisting in harmony.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

It appears that the Gen 2 Raptors come stock on the "mid-perch" height. Is that an accurate assessment?

No they do not and are not adjustable as the previous version. However our awesome vendors are working on solutions to get the gen 2 leveled or simulate "mid perch"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they do not and are not adjustable as the previous version. However our awesome vendors are working on solutions to get the gen 2 leveled or simulate "mid perch"

Interesting, because in the few pics I've seen of the Gen 2, they look like they sit higher stock (and more level) than the Gen 1s. Is that just an optical illusion? They really look that way to me in all the pics I've seen.

David

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, if it already sits level in stock form, why would you need to move the perch? I know maybe bigger tires, but if it is already high as a mid perch they should fit. Also, if you raise the front end would it not be nose high?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope go to the gen2 suspension section and you will see. "Defenitly needs to be leveled" thread

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope go to the gen2 suspension section and you will see. "Defenitly needs to be leveled" thread

Ok fair enough brother. I was just going by what I was seeing in all the profile pics of Gen 2's that I've seen.

Granted I haven't seen one in person. Maybe the camera angle makes them appear to be "level" in stock form. Like the Gen 1 (I own a 2013) has a very noticeable nose dive from the profile.

The Gen 2's just look more "level" to me...my opinion though.

David

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear yah think it's more in the overall square design makes it look more level especially from the front.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winters are long and boring in Canada.

#17Jake is living proof of that!

On another topic, I measured the height of the front wheel opening vs. the rear, on level cement. Front - 40 5/16", Rear - 41 11/16", meaning the front openings are 1 3/8" lower than the rear. Haven't done the metric conversion to help #17Jake (he already knows, anyway). Also, the perch height does not appear adjustable, as were Gen 1's.

Last edited: