12 hours so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlaynCA

Reaction score
Congrats on the VB SCAB...Wish you well on the reading, and exploring the 40 yrs of newer tech in your truck

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pleased to see someone that isn't part of the sheeple buying the PB. The only drawback is that I'm one more truck less unique...LOL I found it easier to browse through and read the owners manual online. I still keep the tabs open and refer to it from time to time. These are amazing trucks. Congrats!!

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. You may need some tech assistance. Some U-Tube searches may help if the FRF site can't.

OP
OP
camo4stealth

camo4stealth

Reaction score
Well, I did have a flip phone until my employer gave me an iPhone. Heck, it made phone calls...……...Anyway, 9 days in now. I have not taken it off road yet, only 300 miles on the clock. The interior is so nice compared to the '79 and it's so quiet it seems weird. I know this thing will offroad at least as well as the chevy I sold, but something's different. Maybe the old truck was so visceral. You could feel and hear everything it was doing. This new thing just seems disconnected is some way. The power, however is on another level. I've only revved it up to about 3,500 rpm (until around 400 miles when I'll change the oil and dive into the cash pedal) So far I am impressed beyond what I had expected. I've always been a FORD guy and this just cements my opinions. Anyone else get a feeling of … maybe isolation or detachment compared to another vehicle?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anyone else get a feeling of … maybe isolation or detachment compared to another vehicle?

The best analogy I have - it was like replacing my latest dishwasher. The old one was 12 years old, still worked, but I had to replace the front pump and another part in 6 months. Before another part failed I figured let’s get rid of it before something else goes out. Head up to Lowes and the only one they have that fits our color scheme is less than $400 out the door. ok. Quiet as a church mouse compared to the old one.

The Rap has to cater to a wide variety of customer base and a quiet cab does go a long way towards a positive driving experience. You get used to it quickly.

OP
OP
camo4stealth

camo4stealth

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to take the Raptor off road. It pretty much is everything people say about it. I was amazed at the speed which it could handle rough (1.5 foot whoops) terrain. Shifted in and out of modes and 4 wheel drive smoothly and quickly. The power is bonkers for something this big.
I think I'll keep it.