12/12 build week who is with me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chop96

Reaction score
Still no update email from Ford, but tonight Ford Chat confirmed it's built, told me it's been delivered to a departure ramp (B5 or something like that), with a dealer ETA of 1/19-1/25. Sticker says "convoy" so not going near a train may help that ETA be closer to reality. BUT - it'll get here when it gets here.

I don't know how this progressed as fast as it did after not ordering until Nov 3rd, but I hope for others who are/have been waiting that things are moving faster than they have been.

:cheers:

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no update email from Ford, but tonight Ford Chat confirmed it's built, told me it's been delivered to a departure ramp (B5 or something like that), with a dealer ETA of 1/19-1/25. Sticker says "convoy" so not going near a train may help that ETA be closer to reality. BUT - it'll get here when it gets here.

I don't know how this progressed as fast as it did after not ordering until Nov 3rd, but I hope for others who are/have been waiting that things are moving faster than they have been.

If I recall reading notes somewhere convoy only specifies the path that it leaves the factory lot. It can still be convoy to a different rail ramp outside the factory then do the majority of the journey by rail.

Curious does the online tracker reflect shipped?

Chop96

Reaction score
If I recall reading notes somewhere convoy only specifies the path that it leaves the factory lot. It can still be convoy to a different rail ramp outside the factory then do the majority of the journey by rail.

Curious does the online tracker reflect shipped?
Fair enough. Her characterization of "delivered to ramp XX" may match with that description of how "convoy" works. OR "convoy" vs "rail" really means nothing if your dealer isn't near the plant because the the truck is leaving by train unless the dealer is within a few hour drive.

Online tracker doesn't show "shipped" yet, just built as of 1/9.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. Her characterization of "delivered to ramp XX" may match with that description of how "convoy" works. OR "convoy" vs "rail" really means nothing if your dealer isn't near the plant because the the truck is leaving by train unless the dealer is within a few hour drive.

Online tracker doesn't show "shipped" yet, just built as of 1/9.

I think it might have been the Dev who built ordertrack.app (Which ford sadly killed with captcha) who noted that. I think for whatever reason some F150s go to flat rock to get on a train... beyond seeing actual feedback you can aslo see on google plenty of f150s sitting in the rail lots there with the mustangs. I imagine they go to other rail lots possibly as well.

JTN

Reaction score
Good luck! Let us know how fast shipping is. Mines been build complete status since November 30.

eorodriguez30

Reaction score
Good luck! Let us know how fast shipping is. Mines been build complete status since November 30.

It’s crazy how they are managing the truck orders. Mine was built complete on the 29th of December. It had a chip hold but it seemed to only last a week. Your build should be way ahead of mine in the process

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy how they are managing the truck orders. Mine was built complete on the 29th of December. It had a chip hold but it seemed to only last a week. Your build should be way ahead of mine in the process
Ford is a complete debacle with supply chain and transport… my wife’s X7 was built this Tuesday and is now on a truck headed to Boston just a few days later. Destination charge is only $995 too lol not the $1795 ford is charging…

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, well my original order back on 1/17 last year was not taken and not reordered (balanced out). So been on the hunt and found a dealer who posted one on auto trader, which usually means they’ll have it soon lol, and was told it’s on chip hold from them. I said I don’t care, I’ll take it.

So 12/12 in production date with 12/11 blend. Ford still shows in production but when I called FP a few days ago I was told chip hold. So I guess it’s built?

Dealer guesstimated mid to late feb for arrival. FP told me end Jan beginning Feb to come off chip hold. So those kinda align? Unless shipping is atrocious.

Wish ordertrack updated. Oh well. I’ll be a year wait as of tomorrow so what’s a little more.

Chop96

Reaction score
So 12/12 in production date with 12/11 blend. Ford still shows in production but when I called FP a few days ago I was told chip hold. So I guess it’s built?
First - congrats! Cool you found an "inbound" truck!

Mine didn't shift to "built" until whatever they were waiting on for the chip hold came in. Their ETA on the inbound parts wasn't too far off and it was "built" three days after the second "chip ETA" - the first one shifted by a few days.