12/12 build week who is with me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a journey!

Beautiful truck!! Congratulations!! Night pics look great

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been at the railyard about an hour away since Friday evening. Trying to keep myself busy and not think about it lol

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well boys…

My truck arrived at dealer this morning. I was ecstatic. Was texting back and forth with sales guy and was asking if I needed to come in for paperwork first or get check from bank first. He said we don’t take outside financing. Hmm. That was never conveyed to me. I called and was less than happy and had a manager call me back. I told him in Mass car dealers have to allow outside financing, it’s right There on the state’s website. He said I don’t have to, these trucks are rare. I said the law doesn’t change because they’re rare. He said well I just won’t sell it to you.

Goodness.

I reminded him the money I gave him was a partial payment, not a deposit and that I’d be pursuing this further.

So, call out to lawyer friend who may know someone in Atty Generals office (waiting on more there) and haven’t allowed them to refund me yet until I know my options. I obviously want the truck.

Also interesting is they never asked me what interest rate I was getting… wonder if someone came in and offered them more and are trying to wiggle me out of the deal.

Todays 401 days from original order and this was truck number 3 along the journey. It’ll be the second refund I get if I can’t find a way to make them sell
It to me.

To be continued…

Chop96

Reaction score
Dude - that's some BS. I had a dealer in TX tell me "no outside financing" and I made sure to ask the dealer I bought the truck through that exact question.

Either way, for a dealer to say that contrary to state law... That's a bold move cotton.
:cheers:

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well boys…

My truck arrived at dealer this morning. I was ecstatic. Was texting back and forth with sales guy and was asking if I needed to come in for paperwork first or get check from bank first. He said we don’t take outside financing. Hmm. That was never conveyed to me. I called and was less than happy and had a manager call me back. I told him in Mass car dealers have to allow outside financing, it’s right There on the state’s website. He said I don’t have to, these trucks are rare. I said the law doesn’t change because they’re rare. He said well I just won’t sell it to you.

Goodness.

I reminded him the money I gave him was a partial payment, not a deposit and that I’d be pursuing this further.

So, call out to lawyer friend who may know someone in Atty Generals office (waiting on more there) and haven’t allowed them to refund me yet until I know my options. I obviously want the truck.

Also interesting is they never asked me what interest rate I was getting… wonder if someone came in and offered them more and are trying to wiggle me out of the deal.

Todays 401 days from original order and this was truck number 3 along the journey. It’ll be the second refund I get if I can’t find a way to make them sell
It to me.

To be continued…
Oof that’s such trash behavior from the dealer, and so stupid not to even ask what int rate you are getting, it’s likely they could meet/best it and would have solved this in 2 seconds with a win/win

To your point this is exactly what the law is meant to prevent: a dealer agreeing to a sale, then forcing inside financing, you have a pretty solid paper trail from the factory order. Hopefully gets resolved quickly in your favor.

Might be worth raising up to ford, while the franchise agreement permits them to charge what they want it doesn’t allow for business practices that violate local laws

eorodriguez30

Reaction score
Well boys…

Goodness.

It to me.

To be continued…
That is some messed up shit. But worst case scenario finance thru the dealer and then go straight to your bank and refinance with them for a lower interest. They can’t stop you from doing that. Iv done it before where I refinanced a couple days later with my bank. Actually doing that same thing with this truck since my bank was been a little bit of a pain and didn’t want to finance the truck with out having the title and registration for California first. So had to go thru the dealer but once I get that taken care of I’ll refinance thru EECU. Hopefully by the end of this month.

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is some messed up shit. But worst case scenario finance thru the dealer and then go straight to your bank and refinance with them for a lower interest. They can’t stop you from doing that. Iv done it before where I refinanced a couple days later with my bank. Actually doing that same thing with this truck since my bank was been a little bit of a pain and didn’t want to finance the truck with out having the title and registration for California first. So had to go thru the dealer but once I get that taken care of I’ll refinance thru EECU. Hopefully by the end of this month.
Great point, additionally MA law requires no prepayment penalty on loans.

@tonyp if you choose to go down this route I probably wouldn’t mention it to the dealer until right after you have the keys in your hand. Obviously would be a refi so might have to work with your financing to get it sorted as a refi and keep the rate