'11 power steering ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would change all the hoses as well when you do the new pump. The rubber sections start to lose integrity as they age and often fall apart from the inside out.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have noticed my ps pump making more noise on cold mornings (over 204,000 on 2012 Gen 1), so have scheduled for replacement next week. Agree that hoses should be replaced at same time.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have noticed my ps pump making more noise on cold mornings (over 204,000 on 2012 Gen 1), so have scheduled for replacement next week. Agree that hoses should be replaced at same time.
takes 45 min to replace. do it yourself and save a bucket load of money in labor.

OP
OP
rschap1

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my MKX "winter beater" on the road last night.
And power steering pump arrived.
Down into 20 degree temps today, when weather allows I will start on the pump and a few other repairs.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my MKX "winter beater" on the road last night.
And power steering pump arrived.
Down into 20 degree temps today, when weather allows I will start on the pump and a few other repairs.
The reservoir contains the system filter and therefore needs to be replaced any time a pump fails or the fluid is dirty/burnt/contaminated. If the reservoir is not replaced the new pump will fail.

OP
OP
rschap1

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I flushed the old set up out while trying to make sure it actually needs a pump.
Didn't see or notice the filter in the reservoir.
Will check that out closer.
Saw lots of mentions and even videos saying new pumps failing really quickly.
Looked like taking the reservoir out with pump may even make less of a mess.
THANKS

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w

where in co are you?
In Gunnison area, when I can. Was in Pittsburgh this week, looks like in OK for about 10 days, then (hopefully) back to CO until after Jan 1 again. Spend a lot of time in OK and TX, for work but travel when needed elsewhere to support projects, including Internationally. My favorite words to hear are "welcome home" and "welcome to the United States of America". Still kinda chokes me up when feet dry over the US, even after all these years.

Attachments

• C6F10E3C-59B7-41E4-ABC0-D3D83AD0363B.jpeg
    C6F10E3C-59B7-41E4-ABC0-D3D83AD0363B.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 6

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Gunnison area, when I can. Was in Pittsburgh this week, looks like in OK for about 10 days, then (hopefully) back to CO until after Jan 1 again. Spend a lot of time in OK and TX, for work but travel when needed elsewhere to support projects, including Internationally. My favorite words to hear are "welcome home" and "welcome to the United States of America". Still kinda chokes me up when feet dry over the US, even after all these years.
come to thornton. i will change out you power steering pump for a case of mikes hard lemonade